Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

I don't ride in any group actually. You'll see me leaving early in the day, and will see me return late in the evening.

A different epic ride each day with perhaps a rain day or two to rest.

Sooo many great roads within a day's ride from DG....

I am far too lazy for that. Lol

The first two times I went to the Gap I did rides on all the roads around the Gap and they're good don't get me wrong I just don't really like all day rides or sight seeing. Also not a fan of large groups and different paced riders so I've stuck to the Gap the last several times, that's the road I go there for but I also like track days too so that's just me. I have no intention of the other stuff until I get old and buy a Spyder. Last year was a little different though I did do the GA ride again but really only because it was only 4 of us and Punk was leading at a mostly Mach retard pace. No homo but Ill go on a ride pretty much anywhere that Punk leads. I was completely fuck beat after that and followed a Harley group from Robbinsville back to Fontana because I didn't have the energy left to pass them lol. Everybody should check the surrounding roads out for sure, just not really my preference.

Do it with a good leader and ride in your own skill zone though.

You're judging what you've not tried old man. We don't have much problem with either, just pass them. And seems you should also come ride Coshocton with us too ;)

So you're telling me that there is a road around coshocton that is 45 miles of perfect sweepers without a tarsnake nor a driveway in sight for the entire ride that includes elevation changes of 4000' and finishes at an awesome BBQ joint? I call major bullshit.

All due respect and whatnot.

And I've run that thing several times without stopping at one lookout. There is no road in Ohio like it.

• Upvote 3

^^^

Honestly out of everything we rode last year I think that was my favorite road! Only problem was by the time we actually made it there my ass was so sore from the other 400+ miles we put on that day.

Gap sucks the way you ride it ;)

As far as Cherola, we have that basic type of roads here in Coshocton. Different scenery yes, but twisty wise we have the same thing.

Maybe you should try the Gap with Hutch, Turnone and I ;)

That is the most hilarious thing you have ever said on the forum, the Cherohala is one of the very best roads in the country. And I will take the Moonshiner 28 over the Dragon "anyday" of the week. I will ride the Dragon both directions one time and be done with it, and I will be riding my ass off while I am down there. I will then arrive again 3 weeks from now and do it all over again. So you are basically just gonna do the Gap for the most part?

That's what we've done the last several times. 20 or 30 passes on the Gap. Some of us have different riding preferences. I would also rather do a track day than ride the street.

Different tastes. You guys would rather tour and ride a pile of miles and have no urge to ride the track and push your limits. Different strokes different folks. I rarely ride the street hell I still haven't got tags for the bike yet this year.

That's what we've done the last several times. 20 or 30 passes on the Gap. Some of us have different riding preferences. I would also rather do a track day than ride the street.

Different tastes. You guys would rather tour and ride a pile of miles and have no urge to ride the track and push your limits. Different strokes different folks. I rarely ride the street hell I still haven't got tags for the bike yet this year.

I respect that 110%, and yeah I would rather tour and explore all over the country than ride on a closed course track. I have never had a desire to do a track day, that is not to say I would not do one eventually however. Gonna be a fun trip, we make it want we want.  :)

I'm no newb, but if you guys are interested if we get down there and unloaded earlu enough i would like to do a warm up ride (slow not short) over to Newfound Gap.

I know that we "the group I am with" will be down plenty early to take a warm up ride somewhere.

TBD right now as I gotta talk to Pauly and Matt. My goal departure time is 7am putting us there by 4:30 and hopefully a quick ride by 5ish before dark

Ok. Ill try to be there around 5. Text me what cabin you guys are at incase Im not there yet.

I knew my job/school was going to mess with my vacay days.  I will probably be heading back the same time as everyone else now. I was hoping to spend a few extra days and ride/hike but looks like I'm pretty busy until mid June.