Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

I'll start with the important stuff: Ride your own ride. Enjoy the weekend. Be safe. This is not a competition or a race. This is just a good weekend away with friends. You are responsible for yourself. This is, of course, an "at your own risk" event. Motorcycling is dangerous. These roads are dangerous. Be careful. Ohio Riders (and/or it's owners, blah blah blah) cannot be held liable for anything (like, but not limited to, traffic tickets, accidents, stupidity, death, etc).

Alright, on to the fun stuff. Last year was so much fun. Everything is pretty much the same this year. Nothing is officially organized. There are no set routes. It just happens to be a weekend for a bunch of us to meetup down there to have some fun. The weekend is up to you. When you come down, where you ride, who you ride with, where you eat, where you stay (Fontana Village discounts below if you want to stay there), etc is completely up to you. There will be shindigs in the evenings involving fire, hopefully at the same firepit as last year (noted below), for us to sit around and tell lies about women, motorcycles, amazing drinking stories, etc.

Last year, the only complaint I heard was from a few folks who had a hard time finding people to ride with. I felt pretty bad about this actually. With the total lack of organization for this little adventure, it made it a bit difficult for folks to meet. This was especially true since the "organized" part was on Saturday night, the night before most of us left for home. So this year I want to do it a little different. I want to have a meet n' greet style get together Thursday night. This will most likely be at my cabin around a small fire. We had an impromptu thing last year, but not everyone knew about it. This way folks can meet, discuss where they want to ride, and plan a meetup.

Plan on booking early. The FZ1 shindig, SV Rally, and the R1/R6 guys are going to be down there the same weekend again. Things will probably start booking quickly. I'll post up here as soon as reservations are open.

To make it easier to find folks to ride with, stay with, etc... I created a subforum just for this: http://www.ohiorider...splay.php?f=182

Fontana Village

300 Woods Road

Fontana Dam, NC 28733

828-498-2211

www.fontanavillage.com

Ohio Riders Group Discounts:

Lodge rooms with two queens beds -- $95 per night

2bdr Hemlock cabins (1 queen, 2 twins, 1 bath, newly updated, have their own firepits) -- $149 per night

Campsites (allowed two tents per site) -- $20 per night

Reservations are open!

Posted Image

https://maps.google....Fontana Dam, NC

----------------------------------------------------

Updates:

- The FZ1 guys reserved the firepit for both Friday and Saturday nights. I've sent an email to their organizer to see if it's okay if we share it like we did last year. I doubt they'll have a problem with this. And it was a blast hanging out with them Saturday night last year. I'll keep you all updated.

- A few sponsors will be giving us some swag to give away down there. :D More info to come.

----------------------------------------------------

Who's Going:

Casper's Cabin:

- Casper

- Max Power

- Marlboro Man

- Gump

- Andrei (don't know screenname)

MidgetTodd's Cabin:

- MidgetTodd

- MidgetTodd's +1

- Hutch

- Hutch's +1

cmh_sprint's Cabin

- cmh_sprint

- 2talltim

- JStump

- TimTheAzn

Bad324's Cabin:

- Bad324

- MyKill

- Isaac's Papa

- Likwid

Bowdogs Cabin:

- bowdog

- sammich maker

- Pending buddy from NC

- Pending Buddys sammich maker

Jst2fst's Cabin:

- Jst2fst

- Habi

- Dying Shadow

- OsuMJ

- Kmanlyst

jbot's Cabin:

- jbot

- trmn8tr

- ninjachic

- ninjachic+1

turnone's Cabin:

- turnone

- turnone's sammich maker

- jdonn

- jdonn's sammich maker

rollnhot's Cabin:

- rollnhot

ScubaCincy's Cabin:

- ScubaCincy

granda080's Lodge Room:

- granda080

- Oldschoolsdime92

Iron Horse:

- Hoblick

Some random hotel:

- Earache

- dustinsn3485

- dustinsn3485's +1

Click here to view the article

• Upvote 1

In, but I'm laying off the liquor this year.

I saved all my getting fucked up for the bonfire night and the last words I remember were:

max power: "here try this:

me "what is it"

mp: "it'll put hair on your chest"

me" "ok (start chugging)"

mp: "don't chug that you idiot its moonshine"

I don't remember anything else from that night and wasn't sober until we hit Cinci on the drive back home

• Upvote 1

I'm riding down. Anybody that wants to join me should toss me a PM. I'll work on the particulars later.

It's a long way off - but I could meet up with ya around Lexington, KY or someplace like that.

Leaving Indy and taking backroads to Frankfort, KY - then I-64 over to I-75 for a bit. Usually get off 75 around Berea and hit the backroads rest of the way.