Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

I'm not going to make it tonight, maybe not at all.  I've managed to lose my phone, ID, credit cards in Ohio and I'm stuck in the middle of fucking KY with nothing.  Howards coming to get me :(

Well that sucks ass. I hope everything is ok. He got a truck and trailer to haul you back?

Well, I shoulda been pulling in right now, instead I'm back in cbus.  I had enough gas to get me just north of Cincy and howie met me and filled up my tank and we came back.  I lost all of my credit cards, phone, license, proof of insurance, and registration.  I still can't figure out how. I had a knife in the same pocket that managed to not fall out. . .  I have checked my backpack like 5 times because I keep convincing myself they must be in there.

Today was just not a good day.  I started out in the rain, was ok with that.  I had to stop and wait at an underpass because the rain got so bad I couldn't see well enough to continue.  Finally hit the road again and lost all my stuff.  :(   After I realized I didn't have any of my stuff, someone pulled into the gas station and I asked him (with tears in my eyes) if I could use his phone and he said no.  Luckily the gas station attendant let me use her phone, and luckily, every McDonalds has free wifi and I always carry my laptop with me.

On the bright side, I have never been outside of Ohio on my bike until today.  I spent a good 20 minutes in kentucky, so whoo i guess.  Also, Party Up by DMX started playing the second I started crossing the ohio river and all of the traffic cleared while i was on the bridge, so it was fun.

If the weather isn't shit, I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow.  I'm going to buy a pay as you go phone tonight from wally world, stop by the BMV and get a new license in teh morning.  I have an extra insurance card on file (I think), and my bank prints credit cards at the branch, so hopefully I can be back in business and on the road by 10am.

Sorry to hear that MJ. I hope it works out for you and you make it down.

If anyone sees a white BMW X6 pulling a Z1000 on a small trailer, wave as you go by :) I'm not sure what time I'm leaving...depends on how the weather is looking. It looks like scattered showers tomorrow and Sat should be nice.

• Upvote 1

OsuMj,

That sucks...Hey if you want to, we are leaving in the morning too. Me, my hubby, our Chapter Prez and a Chaser Car. We live in Huber and had planned on leaving around 730. Let me know if you want to tag along.

I have met you briefly in Columbus maybe 2 yrs ago at some small event, I can't remember what it was. It was hella windy that day though. :-)

I know my posts have been pretty much ignored the last few times...I feel like a phantom... :-) But again, let me know if you want to roll down together.

Mel

• Upvote 2

I would love some company :)  The dmv doesn't open until 8am and my bank doesn't open till 9am.  I don't want to hold anyone up, but if leaving from cbus at 9:30 would fit anyone's schedule, I'm in. bonus: I'm already packed :)

OsuMj,

That sucks...Hey if you want to, we are leaving in the morning too. Me, my hubby, our Chapter Prez and a Chaser Car. We live in Huber and had planned on leaving around 730. Let me know if you want to tag along.

I have met you briefly in Columbus maybe 2 yrs ago at some small event, I can't remember what it was. It was hella windy that day though. :-)

I know my posts have been pretty much ignored the last few times...I feel like a phantom... :-) But again, let me know if you want to roll down together.

Mel

I remember meeting you :)    I was originally just planning on going alone for the sake of having an alone ride and hike, but after today, I'm over it.  I think you guys are going to be on the road before I can be, so don't worry about it. 

Maybe stop off at the McDonald's you gr the hot beverage at because you must of had your cards there. Keep an eye out along the side of the road for your stuff

howie stopped there on the way to pick me up and said he didn't see anything and mcd's said they didn't have it.  I think i'm sol.