Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

...Had he not dropped a gear and cracked the throttle in an attempt to keep me behind him and moved to the center of the lane to block this wouldn't have been posted. At the next available, though slightly bad spot I was able to get around, but I do agree with your second note, had he not gotten butthurt about being passed there'd be no issue.

Why am I a jackass exactly?

I assume you've already read the thread and seen the post I quoted of myself above. If I have to explain it, you would't understand. Anyway, I'm over it. BTW, do a trackday, your form sucks.

Had a great weekend of riding and looking to go back in a few weeks.

I assume you've already read the thread and seen the post I quoted of myself above. If I have to explain it, you would't understand. Anyway, I'm over it. BTW, do a trackday, your form sucks.

Had a great weekend of riding and looking to go back in a few weeks.

Didn't (and haven't) seen the thread and thanks for the feedback but I didn't ask you your opinion of my riding skills (or lack thereof). I had fun and was safe, that's all that matters to me. If I impeded your progress at some point it wasn't intentional...I wasn't exactly watching my mirrors.

If I impeded your progress at some point it wasn't intentional...I wasn't exactly watching my mirrors

That's a lie, you checked your mirrors as you exited every corner. As soon as you saw me move out to pass, you dropped a gear, moved over the centerline and cracked the throttle. The bike that was riding with me then took the lead and until he dropped under you coming out of a sweeper to get around you played the same game. I bet you looked in your left side mirror 20 times. Doesn't matter, like I said I'm over it. That was on the last 20 miles of my ride, you only screwed up a short section. Next time when someone is behind you, have a bit of courtesy to let them by unimpeded.

I had fun and was safe, that's all that matters to me.

It's a great place down there. The roads are killer. I'm glad that you had fun and didn't go down, that's a successful weekend.

In the grand scheme it doesn't matter, I was irritated last night when I made the post. If I would have sat for an hour and cooled off I would have never made the post. It was a great weekend, everyone got to do a ton of riding and it was all good as far as I know. I didn't mean to crap in this thread, with the negativity. What happened didn't ruin my day or my weekend at all, just struck a nerve.

Edited by dustinsn3485

I wasn't exactly watching my mirrors.

Exactly. Everyone seems to forget that.

I roll through there at  a VERY fast pace for a cruiser. No one I have taken down there can keep up with me except my buddy on his Duc, and he says he can't believe I go as fast as I do.  Still I check my mirrors and there is someone behind me that is faster, there always will be someone like that.

What people need to understand is you don't check your mirrors as much on that road, you can't. You have to watch the road, plan your lines..watch for trucks/cars/bikes over the yellow line....So while you may think we are intentionally holding you up we are not, we are riding our ride...pushing ourselves as much as we can. Which means less attention to the mirror.

That means you have to wait a turn or two until we notice you and can give your room.

Edit: ".....there always will be someone like that....."  < that is poorly worded, it just means there is always someone faster......

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

What people need to understand is you don't check your mirrors as much on that road, you can't.

Especially if your form sucks. :D I actually slowed to let several bikes pass me during the trip, I don't have any problem letting people by if I see 'em.

I def had lots of fun. I am happy I went and got some more experience. I feel so much more confident on my bike. I can't wait til next year when I will be that much better. Hopefully on a better bike as well. It was great meeting some of you and seeing some of you others again. I do thank you all for the opportunity. And hopefully better luck for those of you who had some bad luck.

Stuck on the side of 71 karls bike is toast......whoooohooooo.

Glad you guys made it home, I guess the lil Ninja got choked up on the big FJRs exaust. Had a blast this weekend, Devils Triangle was great. Turn One got me more than a little fucked up on Jager bombs last night. Dying Shadow & Kman rode back with me today, got caught in a monster storm.

Glad you guys made it home, I guess the lil Ninja got choked up on the big FJRs exaust. Had a blast this weekend, Devils Triangle was great. Turn One got me more than a little fucked up on Jager bombs last night. Dying Shadow & Kman rode back with me today, got caught in a monster storm.

Yeah lil Ninja got pushed a bit too far, she will be as good as new tomorrow. I think the issues was me pushing it rather hard oil ws a bit foamy in the view window and caused the clutch to slip.

you are a beast and glad i road back with you and your crew...shit glad it rained because itcooled me off lol

Edited by Dying Shadow
  • Upvote 1

It would be better with a big dude on the back.

Had a great time, made it back safe and dry. Can't wait to do it again.

Great to see and party with everyone again.

Soo many good stories.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 2

It would be better with a big dude on the back.

Had a great time, made it back safe and dry. Can't wait to do it again.

Great to see and party with everyone again.

Soo many good stories.

I just realized that's not the photo that I meant to link.  Click left one picture, its the scooter pics!

That's a lie, you checked your mirrors as you exited every corner. As soon as you saw me move out to pass, you dropped a gear, moved over the centerline and cracked the throttle. The bike that was riding with me then took the lead and until he dropped under you coming out of a sweeper to get around you played the same game. I bet you looked in your left side mirror 20 times. Doesn't matter, like I said I'm over it. That was on the last 20 miles of my ride, you only screwed up a short section. Next time when someone is behind you, have a bit of courtesy to let them by unimpeded.

I was assuming you were talking about on the dragon. Was this on 28 headed towards Fontana? 2 guys passed me on there it may have been you. I was fiddling with my GoPro when you guys came up on me (the damn thing froze up). If so, I did see you and at one point I had slowed so you could get around and when I checked the mirror, you guys had dropped back a ways so I took that as a sign you didn't want to pass so I kept on. I was pretty tired at that point as I had been riding pretty much all day since 10am so I was taking it a bit easy.

Anyway, it wasn't my intent to get in your way or keep you from passing. My bad. A horn toot or a brights flash would have been helpful....I would have pulled over right away.

What bikes were you guys riding...black and yellow?

Edited by ScubaCinci

I just realized that's not the photo that I meant to link.  Click left one picture, its the scooter pics!

Haha thanks for pointing them out. That poor scooter got worked. I don't think it was meant to go that fast around corners on its tiny little tires but it did. I thought I was going to crash and die any time it hit a bump mid-corner, lol.