What will your next bike be?

Tpoppa

Only difference with Goldwing owners, and Harley owners is the way they dress........................

Disclaimer: I didn't originate that, but I like it !!! :)

That's kind of funny...

May hold some merit regarding the average owner, but there is nothing to compare when considering the capability of the machine. 2 wheel civics are way more capable, powerful, comfortable...etc than the 2 wheel John Deeres.

I'd take a Harley Davidson over a GoldWing, any day of the week...and I hate Harley Davidson.

I know a bunch of Harley riders who all rent gold wings for long trips because they can't ride their harleys that far without major back pain and numbness in butt legs and hands...

I'm also talking about hours and hours of 2-up touring... your lady seems an accomplished rider, mine is a noob, and i'd feel way more confident with her on my bike than on her own right now. Especially on a long trip somewhere.

Edited by magley64

It'd be like choosing which finger to smash with a hammer, but at least there's some decent capability engineered into the GW.  The GW motor is actually pretty impressive.

I don't see it as that bad either way. I'd prefer a slightly more capable bike with significantly more power. Pauly would prefer something that looks better/sounds better to him.

A day when you can enjoy a ride on a harley or a goldwing is still a great day in my book. Might not be near as good as a day on his ducati, or on your 600, but still better than a car or riding the bus.

That bad huh?

I take out the Sunl 150 chinese scooter at my moms from time to time. It's rated at 9 horsepower, I think that is a gross overestimation.. it's still fun even though it's completely gutless and can't get over 50 mph on flat pavement.

I'd still rather take the scooter than a car on a sunny day.

I'd never own a harley, especially based on sound and looks... Harleys are the absolute worst sounding bikes ever... They're so fucking loud and obnoxious, and don't even sound good... They sound like they're misfiring constantly and struggling to run... My Mustang shot out a spark plug while I was driving, the sounds it was making after that were spot on with a harley pos...

And wow are the owners bad... They think their bikes are awesome sounding old school American muscle.. Very wrong, they sound like junkers about to go in a crusher

You don't like the "which is worse" game, Jerry?

I would consider a Beemer, but they aren't really known for "Bulletproof Reliability" with regard to their motorcycles.

Wings have mother honda's record of reliability and longevity behind them. That's half the reason I have the XX.

Mine has lived up to the challenge, no major repairs save a clutch swap in the near 50,000 miles I've ridden her. I'm willing to bet she goes another 150.

Edited by magley64

You don't like the "which is worse" game, Jerry?

I would consider a Beemer, but they aren't really known for "Bulletproof Reliability" with regard to their motorcycles.

Wings have mother honda's record of reliability and longevity behind them. That's half the reason I have the XX.

Mine has lived up to the challenge, no major repairs save a clutch swap in the near 50,000 miles I've ridden her. I'm willing to bet she goes another 150.

I happen to own one of those barges.

"good" handling is a relative term when the bikes get that big and heavy.

True. That is why the sport touring bikes tend to be so popular with the iron butt riders.

If I wasnt extremely happy with my C14, I would want another sport touring bike.

True. That is why the sport touring bikes tend to be so popular with the iron butt riders.

If I wasnt extremely happy with my C14, I would want another sport touring bike.

As I've stated, my XX is perfect for me solo. I am just considering in the future when my (at that time) wife will want to come along for long trips across country. the #1 and #2 considerations will be comfort and reliability, nothing comes to mind doing those 2 better than the 2 wheel civic.

Now, the comment about BMW being unreliable made me chuckle. Reliable isn't always synonymous with low maintenance.

I'm just referring to the horror stories about BMW drive shafts grenading spontaneously.

I also had a friend who had to tear apart his entire 1100 RS to fix a roller bearing that the transmission just spit out.

I like the older flat 4 wings. I'd rock an 1100 or 1200 wing, they look decent with no fairing, flat seat and hard bags. The motors are great and they're comfy. The newer ones are neat, I get it, arm rests for the old lady, a billion buttons and switches and 6 disk changer in the trunk....great motor tho...but it's a freight train. Harley is straight poop. I've rode lowriders, fat bobs, sportsers and even a summit co. Sheriff's full dresser (it's amazing what someone will suggest you do with state property after a bottle of jack) and all were just underpowered overweight turd machines with shiny farkles and shitty ergos. I'd take a wing over one any day.

My current bike is 31 years old.

At this point, my next street  bike will have fuel injection and a radiator. 

Probably a Suzuki SV.

I am looking for an older enduro / Dual sport to use as a campground bike at Mid-Ohio.

Needs to be plate-able, and have a head light / tail light.

My current bike is 31 years old.

At this point, my next street bike will have fuel injection and a radiator.

Probably a Suzuki SV.

I am looking for an older enduro / Dual sport to use as a campground bike at Mid-Ohio.

Needs to be plate-able, and have a head light / tail light.

I'm working on a Klr 250 for a friend, they are planning to sell it once i get it cleaned up and running well.