unOFFICIAL SPRING 2014 EPIC RIDE - May 18th

DerekClouser

Had a great time on this ride today! I've met some pretty cool people, although I'm not too sure how many I met are actually on this forum. Sorry, if I didn't come up and introduce myself; I'm one of those socially awkward, introverted people. I'm working on that. 

I've never really ridden in a group, so this event not only helped to improve some skills, but has also helped me see the areas that I need to work on.

Thank you to everyone involved in the organization of this ride! 

• Upvote 1

Had fun. Took pictures. Took video. Standby for media. 

Good ride indeed. Got to meet some new people.
Looking forward to the fall ride.

Maybe if I publicly shame you this time, you won't forget to bring your SD card next time...

Edited by Dizzledan
  • Upvote 1

Very good day on lots of different fronts.  Thanks to everyone.  Great lead Cdub and organization Derek.  Hope all get home safe. Look forward to the next event.

Edited by DAC
  • Upvote 2

Glad to hear this went well. I wasn't aware you guys had audibled to Sunday, and I was thinking of the group yesterday as I shivered at CRP unloading bikes in a hoody...

We got hail during lunch too, (albeit only for 30

seconds) and I was hoping you guys were avoiding that!

Glad to hear this went well. I wasn't aware you guys had audibled to Sunday, and I was thinking of the group yesterday as I shivered at CRP unloading bikes in a hoody...

We got hail during lunch too, (albeit only for 30

seconds) and I was hoping you guys were avoiding that!

Yea, Derek is pretty much a genius. He called it Friday night at 5...there was horrible weather all day Saturday over the route. Tons of pop up Thunderstorms and some hail.  Today, other that being cold in the morning it was about as good as it gets weather wise.

Yes gorgeous day, well worth the freezing hands this morning. And the roads were superb, thanks Hellmutt for leading the mediums had a great ride and it was a great pace for me.

Glad to meet so many good people, ready to do it again without silver tires ;)

514.4 miles. I'm knackered. Major props to Derek, Dan and Doc. Also, to all the leads and sweeps. Thanks for doing this. I had a great time.

+1000

Thanks to all. I hate big group rides with people I've never ridden with before. Bit this changes my mentality. It was that good.

It would be nice to know who was all in the med-fast group. I didn't catch everyone's screen name....

.... If we only had name tags...

;-)

• Upvote 1

Yes gorgeous day, well worth the freezing hands this morning. And the roads were superb, thanks Hellmutt for leading the mediums had a great ride and it was a great pace for me.Glad to meet so many good people, ready to do it again without silver tires ;)

Good to meet you too Chad, glad you could make it out, had a blast leading, and thrilled to hear you made it back safe. Get some new rubber under that bike before we plan a Dayton route ride! :D