Mid O AMA Superbike weekend

F4iguy

Mid Ohio track days AMA weekend  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which day(s) are you signing up for?

• Friday July 18
    • Monday July 21
  2. 2. Are you attending the AMA races?

There was A LOT of people going down today though. 9 alone in the keyhole by 2pm; hopefully not anymore after that. They were saying the new patch was the majority of the problem. 

Count me as one of the 9. Was trying to go outside a couple of riders, hit the new patch job and low sided instantly. Disappointed as I was trying out some Pirelli slicks and they were awesome up to that point. Definitely feel I could have hit a new PR in the afternoon if I could have ridden.

I had scares on each of the three morning sessions at the keyhole because of "the Patch".  Sorry to hear about the few unfortunate folks here.

All parts are on order, thinking about going back Aug. 25th. Need to check the schedule first. I am ordering vortex rear sets as well as stock, just in case. Still can't believe how many went down. Extremely upset I went down so early. Thanks Todd for hanging out with us, the tips and checking on me.

So, I have never been to the races here, or even mid Ohio for that matter. Can anyone help me out about what to expect? I'm going tomorrow.

You picked the right day!  The format looks to be as if they are going to try and fit in both days into one.  The best viewing points are the Keyhole (On the left - large grassy hill with a billboard) the esses off the back straight (Drive over the bridge and the big grass area and Thunder Valley into the entrance of the Carousel.  You'll love the track as it offers some great viewing points.

Heres one of my novice sessions. I started out in group 6, because I'd never been on mid ohio before.  The CR told me to move to a faster group. I spoke with the guy running the novice group, and he told me to meet him in hot pit for the next session. We ran a session between group 2 and 3 and then ran a session behind group 1. He then threw at me we were going out in front of group 1, and thats what him and I did the rest of the day. Heres the first session him and I went out ahead of group one. My lines aren't perfect, but I sure had fun. The SV is way more fun on the track than I ever imagined. 

Edited by oldschoolsdime92
  • Upvote 1

Come on by the Riders Discount trailer tomorrow guys and gals! We're in front of garage 12.

Congrats to Danny for making 3rd. He looked great from the grand stands!

Good luck next race.

Edited by snot

Congrats to Danny for making 3rd. He looked great from the grand stands!

Good luck next race.

What he said. Way to go Riders Discount! I only got to watch the first round of races online but they were fun to watch and see the racers lines.