Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

8 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

It rain every year and we have nice days every year. Like I always say "it's the mountians, it rains there". You just have a extra long day of drinking on the wet ones.

I dont mind rain. But my first trip down there it rained all day every day. I qont do that again, I can cancel my vacation or change it around at a moments notice....so i can and will play the weather.

I dont mind rain. But my first trip down there it rained all day every day. I qont do that again, I can cancel my vacation or change it around at a moments notice....so i can and will play the weather.

Think I'm just to the point where I don't care if it rains on me anymore. I have good gear now, im on the bike and I'm not at home so I'm still happy. You probably figured that out in the fall when we rode all day in the rain and I could still laugh about it.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Word. Hope he's monitoring this thread.

Sent from my iPhone.

Thanks Tim,

I'll know more in March. I don't want to leave my dear uncle high and dry if he ends up getting back from Deutschland in time for the dragon trip.

2 hours ago, Casper said:

That's kinda crappy. They didn't tell us about that when making the reservations. Hell, I only want the wifi out of all those things. Now I'm going to be forced to play mini golf.            maybe they got new management & and they're charging us to fix their own stuff 

Just thinking firewood is like gold there what if we all pitched in on a  OR pile from the local Bubbys down there and schedule for delivery right when where getting there or if anybody's rolling with the truck with room in the bed or trailer pack wood in pick it up on the way

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Gottcha. So that would still leave a couch or....? Trying to figure out if there would be a place for Andy. I guess we will keep out eyes open on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone.

Habi (mike) is in our cabin now filling the 5th bed. Josh has not replied and Andy can't commit till march so I told Habi the bed was his. Still have the couch option.

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Think I'm just to the point where I don't care if it rains on me anymore. I have good gear now, im on the bike and I'm not at home so I'm still happy. You probably figured that out in the fall when we rode all day in the rain and I could still laugh about it.

Well, there's rain and then there's RAIN. Most of the rain we encountered down there wasn't too bad. The RAIN I hit on the way down was shitty as hell. But you're right, now that I have good rain gear, it's certainly much less discouraging.

Well, there's rain and then there's RAIN. Most of the rain we encountered down there wasn't too bad. The RAIN I hit on the way down was shitty as hell. But you're right, now that I have good rain gear, it's certainly much less discouraging.

The couple hours before meeting up with you were the worst. But then the rest of the weekend was awesome. It's Joe's Dome of Love....[emoji28]

Current Cabin Lineup: 

Tim 

Tim

Adam

Dan (imal)

(Dizzle)Dan 

Blitz

Blitz+1 

Habi 

One of you guys will be couching it. I'll be roughing it on the floor. 

Adam isn't in our cabin anymore or never was I giess, just mixed up info. When did Jamie jump onboard I missed that one.

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

Adam isn't in our cabin anymore or never was I giess, just mixed up info. We. Did Jamie jump onboard I missed that one.

Same, I was talking to Jamie on facebook and he said he wasnt sure. Looks like he never told me what he was going to do :(

I talked to him on Friday and he said he was planning on coming down with his girlfriend. 

Well I'd say we have a perfect full house then.

Let the couple have the Queen, 4 of us on the bunks and twins and if Tim still dosnt mind the couch.

Well I'd say we have a perfect full house then.

Let the couple have the Queen, 4 of us on the bunks and twins and if Tim still dosnt mind the couch.

I'll do the couch. I sleep naked with no covers on so I hope you guys are ready.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I can make a run through Parsons Branch Rd at the end of each day's ride and load up on some firewood to haul back to Fontana. Should be able to strap a good bit on the back of the mule. 

Anyone interested, am thinking of completely chilling one day and renting a pontoon boat on the big lake and spend all day cruising and drinking. If interested in splitting costs let me know. 

@Gump was talking about doing this last year. I may be game also. 

• Upvote 1

I can make a run through Parsons Branch Rd at the end of each day's ride and load up on some firewood to haul back to Fontana. Should be able to strap a good bit on the back of the mule. 

Anyone interested, am thinking of completely chilling one day and renting a pontoon boat on the big lake and spend all day cruising and drinking. If interested in splitting costs let me know. 

We won't turn away any contributions but we've been known to burn up a whole truck load on a weekend.

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

We won't turn away any contributions but we've been known to burn up a whole truck load on a weekend.

I think we generally average 1/2 cord. We've done a full cord before, but had a shit ton left over. It also rained a lot that year. You can buy a cord through Fontana Village for like $100 or $150. Not bad at all. Might be worth splitting a cord between two cabins. I'm sure our cabin would be in for splitting. 

8 minutes ago, Casper said:

@Gump was talking about doing this last year. I may be game also. 

Same. Just gotta figure out what days we are doing what. I am very flexible in regards to requesting more time off. I think this is going to turn out to be my main vacation this year. Not mad about it at all.

• Tonik unpinned this topic