Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

If I don't get finals tickets I will do something similar.  Leave after work Wednesday and slab to W VA/VA then back roads over on Thursday.

Yea there is just something about leaving after work on day one of a trip and hitting the slab for several hours in the opposite direction as fast as you can. Kind of like you are breaking free of the BS and it just feels refreshing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 2talltim said:

Yea there is just something about leaving after work on day one of a trip and hitting the slab for several hours in the opposite direction as fast as you can. Kind of like you are breaking free of the BS and it just feels refreshing.

And not like you can sleep much the night before anyway because of the excitement. Plus it turns Thursday into a more fun day instead of a 10 hour slab trip.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, what said:

Getting trailer situated for the drive down. New hitch being put on vehicle (old one rusted out last winter, can't be repaired), wood decking on trailer, wheel chock, fixing all the broken crap on it from loaning it to somebody I shouldn't loan things I like to remain working to... 

May have room for 1 more bike on it all said and done, will be a tight fit though (4x7 trailer). 

Keep me updated! I have a wheel chock that can be installed onto one of those (I assume a harbor freight) trailers. I think its just 4 bolts down. Josh (when he had a bike) and I were gonna fit 2 bikes on one of those to do a deals gap trip a few years ago. Also have a nice aluminum ramp. But there may not be enough space for that.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

How is it attached to the floor of the trailer or bed of the truck then?

It can be bolted down but doesn't need to be and stands on its own. I strapped 4 corners, 3 corners and once only two straps on the front with a canyon dancer and no issues

2 minutes ago, what said:

ahhh, exactly what I need. Thanks Brian.

you're welcome. I would never trailer anywhere without one. My bike was always on the Baxley and whatever other bike I was hauling went on the harbor freight one. Haven't hauled a bike since 2013 and just now coming to terms with selling the Baxley since I don't know when the next time I might again. If you wanna buy, I have one :D

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

My harbor freight one has worked fine the one time I've used it LOL.

Which one do you have? They do work just fine especially for the money. I used my HF many times when hauling other peoples bikes. Always preferred the Baxley more just because it felt way more stable even without straps

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

There are different ones? Just the normal one you have to push in and it kind of locks into place then then you have to give her a good tug ;) to get her to come out of the chock.

Sent from my iPhone.

The black one is the one I had

349657012_BKDPz-L.jpg

OR

image_21740.jpg

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

haha yes! Let me know if you decide to let me tag along and I'll give you dimensions of the trumpet.

79"x 28" according to wiki. actually thinner than my (apparently) chunky striple at 79"x 28.9". 

Edited by what

25 minutes ago, what said:

Sure. I'll be doing the loading in Columbus the night before then heading out early morning more than likely. Can work out the details between now and then.

Cool cool. What day did you plan on leaving/ coming back? My parents live in Dublin so I'll probably ride down  to cbus the day before we leave.

• Tonik unpinned this topic