Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

I know...bad year for me for bike trips. I'm gone 12 days in the Caymans in the fall and my first grandchild (not sure if I mentioned it on here before or not) is due in August in Hawaii so I'll probably be making a trip out there. Between those and a week in Vegas for my wife's conference, my vacation is tapped out and I still need to fit in surgery on my achilles at some point.

2 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

I know...bad year for me for bike trips. I'm gone 12 days in the Caymans in the fall and my first grandchild (not sure if I mentioned it on here before or not) is due in August in Hawaii so I'll probably be making a trip out there. Between those and a week in Vegas for my wife's conference, my vacation is tapped out and I still need to fit in surgery on my achilles at some point.

Perfect solution is to have you Achilles done on the last night of the Gap trip. There will be plenty of medication and sharp instruments available plus an Asian to sew you up.....problem solved. :)

• Upvote 2

Perfect solution is to have you Achilles done on the last night of the Gap trip. There will be plenty of medication and sharp instruments available plus an Asian to sew you up.....problem solved. [emoji4]

52a39f9ab8f9f9be2126a93f68ba9239.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually go later in June but I'm gonna try to rearrange my schedule and see what I can do. I love it down there. Deals gap is a blast but the cherahola skyway I though was an amazing fast ride also. Hell it's all good! Would really enjoy going with the group. Where is the cabins located? I usually stay in Robinsville.

E = 0 Atomic number = dne

I usually go later in June but I'm gonna try to rearrange my schedule and see what I can do. I love it down there. Deals gap is a blast but the cherahola skyway I though was an amazing fast ride also. Hell it's all good! Would really enjoy going with the group. Where is the cabins located? I usually stay in Robinsville.

I usually only hit the Dragon on the way in and on the way out. All the other roads are so much better. Especially in northern Georgia.

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I usually only hit the Dragon on the way in and on the way out. All the other roads are so much better. Especially in northern Georgia.

Same here, I only hit the dragon on the way in. Headed over to Maggie Valley, Greats roads. I wanna make it over to Blood Mountain this year.

24 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Same here, I only hit the dragon on the way in. Headed over to Maggie Valley, Greats roads. I wanna make it over to Blood Mountain this year.

Blood Mountian, Wolfpen Gap and 348(Hogpen Gap) are 3 of my top 5 list.   I also want to explore more areas further east this year, one of the reasons I going down for the whole week.

SixGap_2016.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Blood Mountian, Wolfpen Gap and 348(Hogpen Gap) are 3 of my top 5 list.   I also want to explore more areas further east this year, one of the reasons I going down for the whole week.

SixGap_2016.jpg

I can honestly say that was the best day of riding I have ever had. Ready to do it again!

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2016 at 0:07 PM, cmh_sprint said:

Perfect solution is to have you Achilles done on the last night of the Gap trip. There will be plenty of medication and sharp instruments available plus an Asian to sew you up.....problem solved. :)

That back way i took to get there bypassing Blairsville and Murphy was nice too but I was totally winging it that day till we got to 348. Not sure if I could find that route again :lol:

• Tonik unpinned this topic