Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

5 hours ago, max power said:

So it looks like bowman is bailing leaving me without a ride. I have a trailer, who wants to drive?

This Is called Ohio riders put some toothpaste in your tank bag hit the road jack

• Upvote 2

On May 13, 2016 at 6:35 PM, OsuMj said:

I'm happy to ride down with anyone.  I'm planning on stopping somewhere for a 2-3 hour hike.  I think I took wednesday off too... have to double check tomorrow.

On May 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Casper said:

You and MJ should ride down with the hate express. 

I'm down to ride down with anybody I don't really want to slab the whole way it makes me sore I go hiking to but after this weekend of hiking with my brother pitch dark woods falling off  cliffs i'm not hiking in the dark no more without a real flashlight pretty sore

15 minutes ago, OsuMj said:

cool.... @Casper what route you guys riding down and when?  Maybe we can find a break off point to go hiking and meet back up later?

Below is his group down. I see two options, you leave early Wed and hike in WV then meet us in Beckley at 330 or meet us Wed night in Marion VA.

Or ride Wed and Thrus with us, ditch us in Maggie Valley before the museum then head to Fontana on your own. I THINK you can get to Cades Cove for your hike easily. Abrams Falls Trail.

• Upvote 1

I wanted to check out the canyon rim trails at New River Gorge.  That is a 3.2 mile hike, so with stops maybe just over an hour.  It looks like there's some good hiking near Marion as well.

Maybe tentative plan can be to head out a little early on wednesday, do the the canyon rim trail.  Meet you guys in Beckley, ride to Marion, hike the next morning near marion or somewhere along the way (a longer 8-10 mile hike), then catch up at deals gap.

Well made a observation today that pissed me off. There are a lot of new speed limit signs on 28, the part between Gap Store and Fontana (also known as Hellbender) is now 30mph. And the area between Fontana and 143 is 40 mph. And they have them posted heavy every couple of miles and on both sides of the road. [emoji35] [emoji34] [emoji35] [emoji36] [emoji35]

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Well made a observation today that pissed me off. There are a lot of new speed limit signs on 28, the part between Gap Store and Fontana (also known as Hellbender) is now 30mph. And the area between Fontana and 143 is 40 mph. And they have them posted heavy every couple of miles and on both sides of the road. emoji35.pngemoji34.pngemoji35.pngemoji36.pngemoji35.png

Someone had a good lawyer.

I think I just found where I'm going to stay for a couple days early in the week and explore, ive only been on a couple of these roads. Then i'll shoot down the brp to get to Cherokee. There is a little motel in Galax that ive stayed in before that is clean and super cheap.

mapfile1-19-15.jpg  

Edited by 2talltim

Don't really give a shit that it's named or what it's named but the loop routes look like they would be fun. And they are new roads I've never been on. Everyone always ask me how I find all thr kick ass roads that I ride, well this is how.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Don't really give a shit that it's named or what it's named but the loop routes look like they would be fun. And they are new roads I've never been on. Everyone always ask me how I find all thr kick ass roads that I ride, well this is how.

I think we've found most by either following people or getting lost. :lol: 

• Upvote 1

It's been a long time since I've been on here. But I just saw that you guys are planning the annual trip again. Some friends and I are heading out there  June 5th and leaving June 10th. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up I haven't seen you guys forever. We're staying in Robbinsville at the two wheel inn.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, cOoTeR said:

It's been a long time since I've been on here. But I just saw that you guys are planning the annual trip again. Some friends and I are heading out there  June 5th and leaving June 10th. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up I haven't seen you guys forever. We're staying in Robbinsville at the two wheel inn.

That'd be awesome! 

On May 16, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Maybe when it stops making a fuckload of tax revenue they'll consider your suggestion. 

Would coming up with an original name/idea make them less tax revenue?

I don't think so.

Those roads all probably started as Indian trails. I doubt they were ever any dragons in the area. Just an idea. 

• Tonik unpinned this topic