Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

4 hours ago, Habi said:

I have to contribute something to this thread so........

How's the weather looking? :D

Looks like a nice down pour with fog when it's getting dark out across the Cherehola 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Habi said:

I should have found the troll face. My shit hasn't run since last year's trip. Not too worried about weather. However it's a hoot to watch all the weather guesses!

That thing still isn't running? It's amazing how you Bubbys get married and your motorcycles quit working  or go away. Right @Bad324?

Going to have it back together in time for the trip? 

1 hour ago, max power said:

That thing still isn't running? It's amazing how you Bubbys get married and your motorcycles quit working  or go away. Right @Bad324?

It should be done this weekend. Last summer was busy with a new job, new house, and vacations. Plus the old man has the same bike and he let me take it up to mid ohio to play. Wife actually wanted it fixed a long time ago. 

2 hours ago, max power said:

for the millionth time the bike being sold was my decision and she told me not to sell it. What's the point of having $5500 sitting in the garage not getting any use and depreciating?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

for the millionth time the bike being sold was my decision and she told me not to sell it. What's the point of having $5500 sitting in the garage not getting any use and depreciating?

I've sold several bikes for the same reason...it's not like 'replacement' costs make it unwise. Lots of cheap bikes to be had in the fall.

13 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Don't remind him of all the money he spent making it just how he liked it. Makes that $5500 even smaller. Should have just kept the Honda. Not everything is about perceived monetary returns, but a guido can hardly help himself.  

it's a good thing I love spreadsheets and kept track of every penny I spent on it because from the day I bought it to the day I sold it I only spent about $600 more than I sold it for when you take out typical maintenance and tire costs during 5 years of ownership

Edited by Bad324

22 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I've sold several bikes for the same reason...it's not like 'replacement' costs make it unwise. Lots of cheap bikes to be had in the fall.

bingo. I loved the VFR and it will likely be the best bike I will ever own but one day I plan to get a cheap bike again. When that day is who knows. The only times I really miss having a bike is Epic ride and Gap trips.

4 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

bingo. I loved the VFR and it will likely be the best bike I will ever own but one day I plan to get a cheap bike again. When that day is who knows. The only times I really miss having a bike is Epic ride and Gap trips.

You don't NEED a bike for the gap trip though! Something wrong with mtns, a pool and moonshine?

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Habi said:

You don't NEED a bike for the gap trip though! Something wrong with mtns, a pool and moonshine?

going on that Gap trip without a bike would be like going to Pebble Beach or Augusta and not having clubs. Just isn't the same

3 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Did you buy the VFR? If not, why not? 

No, not yet........... :trollface:

I have really debated because every time I ride it, I appreciate it more and more. Right now, it doesnt help that some unexpected expenses have come up the month before we go to the Gap. (Only the rectifier was covered under the recall, but the stator went bad too and I have to pay for that part and labor for the install).

Jon offered me a payment plan and I just got rid of one of my loans not too long ago...... but he did just say today he was going to start trying to sell it again.

34 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Missed the point, friend. Why not borrow the VRod and come on down?

as I've said since the start, I can't be gone from memorial day through 2nd week in july because the twins could come anytime. If it wasn't for that I would have just bought the VFR back and sold it again if I needed to so I could go

AM I the only one getting down there on the evening of the 5th?

What is the first night our cabin is available Timmy? Gonna have to stealth camp it. (or call Vera...something I need to do anyways to convince her Satan hasn't taken me)

Cabin is the nights of the 9th-11th, I haven't made any plans yet. Don't know what I'm doing, might be down a few days early and might explore somthing new really haven't decided. Might split Vera's place with yiu a couple nights if I do that. And she know Satan dosnt have you, because he already brought you back

Wow. Looks like I'm just missing everyone. My brother and I have planned a trip down there. I'll be travelling down on the 13th. If anyone is still around, let me know somehow. Be great to go all the way to Tennessee to meet some folks from Ohio. I'll be staying at a Cabin between Gatlingburg and Pigeon Forge.  

• Tonik unpinned this topic