What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

On 8/31/2023 at 8:55 PM, max power said:

Shitty pic but here she is.  
now who wants a clean well sorted Vstrom 1000?

F4916FA1-78A6-44CF-B713-5FDE7557EA3E.jpeg

On 8/31/2023 at 8:55 PM, max power said:

Shitty pic but here she is.  
now who wants a clean well sorted Vstrom 1000?

F4916FA1-78A6-44CF-B713-5FDE7557EA3E.jpeg

Lots of dish soap & about 30 girls fresh out of high school i know how you like dish soap 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m modifying the new bike. Learning from the past to make improvements here and there. Lots of parts went to the powder coated this morning. The rear wheel is at Woodys in Denver having work done. 
The new bike was stripped down and inspected/regreased. This is the first DR650 I’ve seen that had sufficient lubricant applied at the factory. Suzuki is infamous for being stingy with chassis assembly grease. 
My guess is that this is because, according the the VIN number, the new DR650 was the 8th bike to roll off the assembly line in Japan in 2011. Perhaps it received more attention because of that?

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_3661.jpeg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Ordered a Saddlemen Road Sofa saddle for the Goldwing. Yes, it's heated. Used my remaining Hilton points toward it. $162 out of pocket. 

Side note: We saw a trike GL1500 just like mine, same color, same faux wood dash trim. Never thought that wood happen. 

Went from a really good sounding stock exhaust, to the better Triumph/V&H exhaust (now for sale), to these  British Customs Turn Outs.

Bar far the best sounding exhaust I've owned, with stronger midrange and top end (SOTP dyno), and dropped 13lbs.

IMG_20231002_210227940_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231003_143652553_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231003_143708354_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Went from a really good sounding stock exhaust, to the better Triumph/V&H exhaust (now for sale), to these  British Customs Turn Outs.

Bar far the best sounding exhaust I've owned, with stronger midrange and top end (SOTP dyno), and dropped 13lbs.

IMG_20231002_210227940_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231003_143652553_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231003_143708354_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

That's a great looking bike!

• Upvote 1

Unplugged LED lights on my way home from work. Kept flickering on/off once they got hot and was throwing intermittent faults on the dash. And I got tired of cars thinking I was signaling for them to pull out in front of me. 

Bought LEDs for my F150, but canceled that order. I'll live with the Halogens. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Unplugged LED lights on my way home from work. Kept flickering on/off once they got hot and was throwing intermittent faults on the dash. And I got tired of cars thinking I was signaling for them to pull out in front of me. 

Bought LEDs for my F150, but canceled that order. I'll live with the Halogens. 

CANBUS on that bike?

30 minutes ago, Tonik said:

CANBUS on that bike?

Yeah, but they claimed to be compatible. It came with incandescent signals, but I bought CANBUS LEDs without issue. Had them on the GSA, too. Every other light on that bike was LED and it had a full color TFT dash, but had incandescent turn signals. Weird.

Anyway, it might have been heat. It's tight between the heat sink and water tight cover. These don't have fans. I unplugged the low beam and figured I'd ride home on my high beam. It was daylight, so no big deal. After a couple minutes I got a fault for high beam inop. Unplugged it and rode home on the Clearwaters at 90mph hoping to beat the rain. Worked.

Edited by Pauly
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pauly said:

Yeah, but they claimed to be compatible. It came with incandescent signals, but I bought CANBUS LEDs without issue. Had them on the GSA, too. Every other light on that bike was LED and it had a full color TFT dash, but had incandescent turn signals. Weird.

Anyway, it might have been heat. It's tight between the heat sink and water tight cover. These don't have fans. I unplugged the low beam and figured I'd ride home on my high beam. It was daylight, so no big deal. After a couple minutes I got a fault for high beam inop. Unplugged it and rode home on the Clearwaters at 90mph hoping to beat the rain. Worked.

I put H7 LED replacement bulbs on my R1200R and they have worked perfectly.

I would imagine yours is nearly identical to mine.

These are the ones I used:  Amazon.com: AUXITO H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 6500K White, 8 CSP Chips Super Bright, 1:1 Mini Size, Non-Polarity, No Adapter Required Easy Install Conversion Kit, Fanless H7ll Fog Lights, Pack of 2 : Automotive

I've used this brand on 2 motorcycles and 1 car.  No issues at all.

• Beer 1