What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the bike all back together. It’s always good to go through the bike when you first get it. I found several things not adjusted or torqued properly from the previous owner. I feel a lot more confident in the bike after knowing everything has been done correctly. The bike is ready for a shakedown run and maybe some day rides before my trip.

IMG_3919.thumb.jpeg.3f010f60b1fc206b9fa60c9f870a9052.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Installed new highway pegs to replace the old worn out ones. Also got my bar risers installed. Install was unique because the bike has an aftermarket triple clamp that uses a different mounting system. A trip to the hardware store and we’re back in business. Bars are fourth back and up and rotated flatter with the triple clamps and riser.

IMG_3942.thumb.jpeg.6989b2adff0aa671cb6182129806953f.jpeg

IMG_3943.thumb.jpeg.8d88efe54ad24ef302c39294d43e149a.jpeg

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, durk said:

After 7yrs and 40,000 miles piled on I sold her for what I paid for her. 

Sell the old Wing too, add in the CBR money and get a new Wing?

Edited by Tonik

On 7/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, Tonik said:

Sell the old Wing too, add in the CBR money and get a new Wing?

They’d have to change the seat on the new Wing in order for the wife to even think about that. She actually just had me install armrest for her on the current wing. She calls it her baby carriage because she falls asleep back there. Looks like an old fart owns it but she’s comfortable. We are actually on a motorcycle trip this weekend. I didn’t get yelled at too much for ripping through West Virginia 50. I called that a win. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/21/2023 at 6:07 PM, motocat12 said:

In the original purchase price's defense wasn't it yellow and blue then?

It was and had 24k on the odometer. Some people thought that was high miles. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

@durk, are you replacing the CBR with something zoomy? 

Not currently. I’m looking to put the money towards another sport quad. I see another Concours in the future though. I realize now I sold the wrong bike last year. The CBR was getting too painful for the repaired ACL knee. 

1 hour ago, durk said:

Somebody told me they’d report back on a seat just like that. Did I miss that report?

Took it off before this trip. It raised the wife too high for her floorboards. I got brackets coming to fix that. Then I will report.

I have about 150 miles on it. I love it.

• Upvote 1

I think the guy that was going to review that seat may have paid like $2000. Just think for another $2000 he could’ve had a bike and comfy seat. 🤷‍♂️