What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Changed the front brake pads on the Triumph today, because the stock Brembo pads are notoriously squeaky when coming to a slow stop.

Changing the pads requires no tools.  Just push the springs with your finger and pull out the pins, then the pads slide right out of the back of the caliper...you don't even need to remove the caliper.  

The job literally took 5 minutes👍

Pretty slick.

bp.jpg

That is slick. How do the pistons on the caliper collapse?

22 minutes ago, durk said:

That is slick. How do the pistons on the caliper collapse?

The 2 silver spring/clips in the photo...each hold a retaining pin in place.  The pins aren't visible in the photo, but slide out of the spoke side of the caliper. 

The Brembos are 4 piston, and each piston has it's own brake pad.  When removing the old pads, I used them to compress each piston a bit to make it easier to slide the new EBC HH pads in pace.

Love it when a job is easier than expected. 

A1U38kcrSyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

On 10/2/2023 at 10:08 PM, Pauly said:

Ordered a Saddlemen Road Sofa saddle for the Goldwing. Yes, it's heated. Used my remaining Hilton points toward it. $162 out of pocket. 

Side note: We saw a trike GL1500 just like mine, same color, same faux wood dash trim. Never thought that wood happen. 

How did you use your Hilton points to buy motorcycle parts?

Nice day to ride. Even better day to upgrade the suspension on the Goldwing. I use the word "upgrade" without reverence to Merriam-Webster, but anything is better than air forks and shocks. I'm sending the forks out for rebuild because I don't have the tools anymore, and I can't imagine anything I'd rather smell less than 30 year old fork oil. 😅 

Shocks are installed, but I need a spanner to swing them into "FatAF" mode. I'm excited to see how much better this bike can handle fully loaded. 

20231112_112707.jpg

20231112_140951.jpg

IMG_20231112_141712.jpg

20231112_144900.jpg

20231112_145905.jpg

20231112_160445.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

@Pauly are you  planning to keep this around longer than you originally planned?

Probably for a few seasons, especially if this update is up to the hype. I will have less than $1000 in parts and labor for new suspension front and rear. 

Edited by Pauly
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...