What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Got the FJR out for a little ride today. The roads are far from ideal, but it was nice to enjoy the 60 degree weather in February.

It's been 60-70⁰ all week where I am. Too bad my motorcycle is not where I am. 

Either are good states to be in Brian. I was probably both. 

Today it was adios to the Warp 9 motor covers. Maybe it’s the tolerances on the aluminum inserts, but mine just won’t stay snug. And an oil leak that was hard to find was the result. And I’m not resorting to thread lock to keep them snug. So off they came. In the long run, another layer of complexity in something so simple. My lower crash cage will continue to be the protection the motor needs.

For sale cheap to anyone in the area (won’t ship).

I also took the opportunity to pull the starter motor and install the W9 end cap that they sent me under warranty. The last one had the bearing freeze up and was field repaired in Ushuaia. I hope this one lasts longer. Stock end cap (2011, 525 miles) was bone-dry of any lubricant. This is a known issue with DR650’s and produces the infamous “rooster” sound when starting. This DR, even though only having 525 miles, is still 13 years old and needed this work  Warp 9’s solution is a machined end cap with a small sealed bearing for the starter shaft to spin on, rather than the (dry) bushing in the stocker  

IMG_4292.jpeg

IMG_4293.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 2/16/2024 at 9:18 AM, Tpoppa said:

Know anyone that would be interested in a like new (still under warranty) 2022 Ducati Monster+ 937?

I bought it with the intention of flipping it.  The guy I bought it from had a Ferrari, and Audi RS5, couple classic Porches, expensive boats...he bought the Ducati because he could afford it, but he just wasn't a motorcycle guy.

It's absolutely like new with an excellent IMU based electronics package...lean sensitive TC and ABS, launch control, wheelie control, buttery smooth up/down quick shifter, etc.   It's lightweight (40lbs less than the Monster 821), and flickable.

If you've ever been afraid of Ducati maintenance...the 937 motor is a gem with extended maintenance intervals...18k for valves, and 9k for oil changes.  Asking $11k

1000001889.jpg

IMG_20231209_142726839_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231209_142734576_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20231209_173914379.jpg

1000001885.jpg

She gone!

• Beer 1

Spent some time pulling more cabinet facing off the Tupperware. Almost there and thought about going all the way, but my fingers started to protest. Two fat blisters on my thumb and index fingers quelled my enthusiasm. Very pleased with the way its looking so far.

20240308_162056.jpg

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Does the wing only have 26k on the odometer?   👍

Actual mileage. 

10 hours ago, Tonik said:

Clark Griswold would be very disappointed.

Sorry folks. Wally World is closed for renovations. 

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1

I installed a new 12v outlet and built a quick disconnect harness for it. Not sure why BMW put the factory plug behind the rider, but that isn't an ideal spot. Now I have one CANBUS 5v outlet and two 12v direct from battery outlets. Also bought myself a new heated liner and gloves. The desk job is making me soft. 

20240309_200859.jpg

20240309_181025.jpg

• Upvote 2