What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Pauly said:

It was heavy enough on 7 that I didn't bother with 250. Just doubled back to New Martinsville. 

That’s crazy. I often expect it on 250, but I’ve never encountered much on 7. 

20 hours ago, Pauly said:

Gotta be home for track days. 

You got vacation time, and an elite membership. If you want to ride Pitt this year I would pick a weekend now. You can cancel up to 8am the morning of with that level of membership and be credited what you paid and credits are good for 365 days from date of issue.

20 hours ago, Tonik said:

Referring it any Goldwing like that may be a banable offense. The mods will get back to you on that.

You wouldn't be caught dead on any other wing besides that brand new one. Let alone one that's as old as I am.

1 hour ago, durk said:

What did you fix? 

Replaced the center switch console. The knob wouldn't turn the bike on. Had to use one of the other 15 methods available to start it. Its under warranty but I really didn't want it to sit at the dealer for 2 months so I am eating the cost of the console. They are very proud of that console based on the price.

Have to take off a lot of Tupperware to get it out. Not hard, just annoying to do.

Edited by Tonik

1 hour ago, durk said:

That sucks. There goes my thoughts of should’ve bought a Honda.

Honda would have taken care of it. I could have just waited till the end of the season and left it there.....so far I am the only one I know that had this issue. Perhaps I fucked it up when I added the driving light switch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Should have bought the Grand America. 

Back seat ergos/comfrot on that bike are shit. I wouldn't make you ride back there let alone my wife.

Finished putting it back together. Also adjusted the highway pegs for more comfort and more clearance. Used my genius 4x8 plywood trick 

34 minutes ago, durk said:

What is this?

It's wood, or more accurately plywood. It comes in 4 foot by 8 foot sheets in varying thicknesses. Kinda surprised you didn't know that.

Oh, you mean the genius idea.

You ride your bike up to Lowes. Buy a 4x8 and take it out to the parking lot. Then you lay it long ways beside the bike with the long edge against the tires.

Then you lean it up on the other side. This replicates the bike leaning so you can see what is going to drag first. Make any adjustments as needed. I was looking for a comfy spot for the highway pegs that gave me max lean.

When you are done you return the plywood to Lowes and ride home.

29 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Kinda surprised no one wants to talk about how genius my idea is.

Is this a 2 person job? I’m thinking you need one person to lean it up in another person to be looking at what’s going to drag first. I’m not 100% on how you’re doing this.