The ricer in you....

V8 Beast

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put used metal in a car I was building (server cases).

60 series tires and shackles on a 78 Volarie wagon (back before there was a 'ricer thing'

the biggest thing was the two 15's four 12's and six 10 inch subs along with more mids and tweeters than I care to remember driven by 10 amplifiers ranging from Orion's and old Lanzars to cheap Rockford Fosgate amps, all in a 76 Dodge van that was missing the bottom 8 inches on metal in the side. But god Pink Floyd never sounded so good, and it would bury the needle of a 126 db sound meter.

I remember Joel and i giving you shit about it in the Geero's parking lot back in the day. :D

No one ever gave me shit about that to my face. In fact, the first time I was ever informed that there may be anything wrong with then was when Mensan and I got into a flame war on here after I posted some pics of the car and Jessica - some of you may remember those pics/those flame wars that I had with Mensan, DJ, and some of the other heavy hitters here.

That, BTW, was my first CR meet. I could go on and on about that, but I don't want to hijack this guy's thread, which is going pretty good.

Back on topic, not sure if this qualifies as rice, but in my Typhoon I had a box with a single 10" speaker hooked to a 150-watt Hermosa amp. As if the Typhoon didn't weigh enough already.

i wouldnt consider a nice sounding subwoofer system (1 or 2 subs) to be rice, as long as your NOT blaring it at stop lights and local get togethers. flashy neons in the trunk above the box is over the edge though

listening to good quality tunes is never ricer, it is however if your trunk rattles louder then the bass

**added NOT on edit**

Is this stuff people are posting really rice?? I am expecting people posting they had/have 5-inch coffee cans and 3 foot high spoiler on the back of the Civics. Seems like most people have decent tastes, which is a surprise giving how many people are on here.

listening to good quality tunes is never ricer, it is however if your trunk rattles louder then the bass

That's how my Lincoln is right now :( sounds nice on the inside, but the outside sounds like the car is falling apart. I need to lay some dynamat down. Until then it stays pretty low.

Now that I think about it, the Lincoln probably is falling apart. haha.

i try to keep most of the 'ricey' stuff away. i try to go for useful mods over non useful mods. while it looks like i have a hyundai w/ a fartcan, its actually got a cold air intake (routed into the fender), headers (originally 700$, 9-11whp shown), catback exhaust (2.25") and an underdrive crank pulley. its lowered 2" struts/springs, bigger sway bar, has light wheels (12lb 15x6.5) and sticky tires..

if i had to say i had a rice mod, i had all my interior lighting converted to blue LEDs...looks a lot better than the stock piss yellow/green lighting

I drove a dodge avenger...

I stuck an "S281" badge under my license plate when I first got my car. I've got the 281 cubes, but no Saleen or Supercharger (whatever the S stands for)

If you have eibach springs and you put the "Eibach Springs" stickers on your car, does that count?

I had an 89 HOnda accord where the exhauset fell off so....i just left it off (straight out the header). It was loud as hell but I never got any beef from the cops. I ended up totalling the car 3 times, rebuilding it three times w/junk yard parts and when I finally upgraded to my Subie I sold the beast (which was 4 different colors) for $50 with 450,000miles on it. :woowoo:

no exhaust = rice doesn't it? :confused: It also had a "I love my Honda" sticker on the back ;)