All you diesel guys

XChris1632X

Someone told me that there is a place around Dublin/Plain city area that I can pick up some Off Road. I am not looking to just drive my truck around with off road in it but I want to mess around with it for my own reasons. I was told that you can get a credit card from this place and roll in there at night a pump off road, I dont remember where it is or what the name was. I believe off road is still low sulfur while #2 is ultra low sulfur. I just need to know where and how to get ahold of some off road without having to prove anything or questioned.

BEWARE!

I know people who have been subject to $10,000 fines for running offroad. Also, the Highway Patrol has been known to dip tanks from time to time. Also have heard of them even going to the lengths of cutting open fuel filters to see if they are stained pink on suspected vehicles. IRS then gets involved, very bad news.

IMO not worth the risk, just get a good additive.

Also, there are no appreciable gains to be had by running offroad. Just the savings at the pump and maybe better lubrication for the injector pump/injectors

BEWARE!

I know people who have been subject to $10,000 fines for running offroad. Also, the Highway Patrol has been known to dip tanks from time to time. Also have heard of them even going to the lengths of cutting open fuel filters to see if they are stained pink on suspected vehicles. IRS then gets involved, very bad news.

IMO not worth the risk, just get a good additive.

Also, there are no appreciable gains to be had by running offroad. Just the savings at the pump.

Surely,

I have heard/ seen this happen on large trucks.

I have never heard of someone getting stopped on their way to work in their TDI card or small truck and getting their tank checked and or cut apart to inspect for off-road..?

Maybe not a TDI but I know of 2 people, one with a Cummins and one with a Duramax had it happen. I think TDI's are under the radar.

Also, they weren't just pulled over for suspected offroad use. They were pulled over for something else (ie smoke or speeding) or turned in by some jacka$$.

Is off road still just low sulfur. Well I wanted to mess with it a little bit, but like I stated before not to use driving around on the streets. I just bought another damn injection pump for this truck and I am going to cut back on using my edge box all the time to try to save some life on this pump. If I want to turn it up another 140hp I can run off road for added lubrication on my Injection pump under higher hp conditions. This will be under situations such as at the track or truck pulls.

For a Diesel noob what is off road

they sell diesel fuel for non-road uses, like for tractors and stuff, they dont get taxed as high since you pay a fee in your fuel bill to take care of the roads and junk.

they color this fuel so if someone was to use it in a vechicle they shouldnt be they can see and they can get in some bad trouble.

i have heard of people having false tanks and hidden fill points, but the gov is getting smart in finding them.

Chris, what does an injector pump cost?

Just throw a couple bags of feed into the back of your truck. Then if you do get pulled over and they say something about using the fuel, tell them this is your farm truck you were just picking up some feed for your cows or something.

My new injection pump was only $1,600. The last one was a hot rod pump and allowed a little more power on close to stock truck but an SO pump is better to use once the mods start comming in. The hot rod pumps are usually $1,800-$2,200.

Is off road still just low sulfur. Well I wanted to mess with it a little bit, but like I stated before not to use driving around on the streets. I just bought another damn injection pump for this truck and I am going to cut back on using my edge box all the time to try to save some life on this pump. If I want to turn it up another 140hp I can run off road for added lubrication on my Injection pump under higher hp conditions. This will be under situations such as at the track or truck pulls.

Dude...the chances of the offroad fuel ACTUALLY being the old LSD instead of ULSD aren't worth the potential fines!

The only difference in the fuels today is the dye...which is added by the local oil companies when they put it in the tanks.

If you want more lubricity, buy an additive...sulfur does absolutely nothing for lubricity;) It's the processes used to get rid of the sulfur that hurts the lubricity of the fuel, but additives are added back in to achieve a certain standard later on!

Chris

Surely,

I have heard/ seen this happen on large trucks.

I have never heard of someone getting stopped on their way to work in their TDI card or small truck and getting their tank checked and or cut apart to inspect for off-road..?

My stepdad and his dad are both farmers. They know of the OHP stopping guys driving their pickup trucks to check them for offroad diesel.

To help with lubing the pumps on some of our older 6.2/6.5 GM diesels we would run a little bit of tranny fluid through them, about a qt in a tank then run it for an hour or 2. We now add Diesel Power Service additive through because of the tranny fluid not being "compatible" with the low sulfur stuff. Our Ford Powerstrokes HATE the new Bio-Diesel and low sulfur crap.

To help with lubing the pumps on some of our older 6.2/6.5 GM diesels we would run a little bit of tranny fluid through them, about a qt in a tank then run it for an hour or 2. We now add Diesel Power Service additive through because of the tranny fluid not being "compatible" with the low sulfur stuff. Our Ford Powerstrokes HATE the new Bio-Diesel and low sulfur crap.

Good advice...atf is fine for older vehicles with MECHANICAL injection systems.

Use diesel specific additives for anything with electronic injection systems!

Chris

Just get a lubricity fuel filter and call it a day.

The fines that go along with off-road diesel are NOT fun. Also another thing to consider is that most offroad now is ULSD as well. Keep in mind if you plan to run this only at the "track", traces of the die remain for a long time. highway patrol has drop testers that will turn color if there is the smallest bit of die in the fuel system.

be forewarned!

Sig600 you are a real smart a** what makes you the Diesel God!!!!!

LOL. You act like you know everything, I say Put up or shut up, what does that thing run in the 1320? Jerk!

Watch out when I put my box on the 200hp setting!!!!!

I'd listen to Berto.

I'm using 16oz of Lucas fuel additive in each tank at last weeks' fillup (dual tanks, 18ga each) hoping that it will make a difference. I'd convert one of the tanks to SVO/WVO but I'm too damn lazy. I'd rather run a biodiesel blend like B20, with an addt'l additive (1982 Chevy C20, 6.2L N/A Diesel)

Ok Ive said it a couple times already but just so everyone knows I am not going to use off road as fuel when driving daily. I plan on using it off road only. I know of some people who use it 100% and seem to have had better luck with their fuel systems. Especially when under high hp loads.

I also already have a Fass 150. Screw the Staties if they check my tank and turn up a little red. I will be fully prepared to show reciepts of two times a week a spend $85 in fuel that is legal. And for those of you who say wow he must get shitty miliage, I get 18mpg average mix of city and highway. I just drive a shit ton.

Sig600 you are a real smart a** what makes you the Diesel God!!!!!

LOL. You act like you know everything, I say Put up or shut up, what does that thing run in the 1320? Jerk!

Watch out when I put my box on the 200hp setting!!!!!

What?? :zoom:

Ok Ive said it a couple times already but just so everyone knows I am not going to use off road as fuel when driving daily. I plan on using it off road only. I know of some people who use it 100% and seem to have had better luck with their fuel systems. Especially when under high hp loads.

I also already have a Fass 150. Screw the Staties if they check my tank and turn up a little red. I will be fully prepared to show reciepts of two times a week a spend $85 in fuel that is legal. And for those of you who say wow he must get shitty miliage, I get 18mpg average mix of city and highway. I just drive a shit ton.

Good luck with the OHP when they find the dye in there...$1,000 fine, plus an additional $100/gallon for what you have in the tank. They don't like it when you don't pay the tax on it! AND, it can take up to a dozen tank fulls before the dye is gone!

Believe me or not, the fuel is the same!

Chris