Tipping your mailman/woman?

Trouble Maker

Are you going to do it?

What's your living situation?

I probably won't, I never have in an apartment. I think I would be much more inclined if I lived in a house and I had ever meet this person. When I was younger and lived with my parents, I remember we had two different guys most of when I was growing up there. One when I was younger and one when I was a little older. They would always say hi, hand me or someone the mail if we were there. If I were in that situation, I would have tipped those guys for Christmas in a heartbeat. I have no inclination to do anything special for this person though. I'll go get my hair cut this week, and I'll give them something special for Christmas. Because I've been getting my hair cut by the same guy for a while.

I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were on this.

Nowadays it's harder since folks tend to float in and out of positions like this so often, but we've had the same mail carrier for several years.

I give him $20 for Christmas and $20 in the spring around March. I call it a spring time thank you. Really it's because I don't know his birthday....that's what I tell him.

Does it help? Not sure. However, I know that he/they will often not deliver mail if there's a car that prevents him from staying in his truck and reaching the mailbox, or if the snow is in the way, etc....however, I regularly get him walking packages/envelopes up to my door when he could just leave them in the box.

Worth it to me.

the federal government pays them enough.

Its one thing to tip you trainer/bartender/secretary someone you see every other day, but your mailcarrier does his/her job everyday getting paid by the federal government to do their job. Their compensated, dont worry about them.

the federal government pays them enough.

There were many reason why I'm not going to tip them, and this is another one. I know that they get paid pretty well.

They also bring me junk I don't want... not bills, but actually Junk mail. But that's more of a top down problem of the USPS than something they have caused. But still something I view as a problem of the USPS.

I live in the sticks. My mailman brings my packages up to my house. He knows the "open doors" on my property if something is big and it is raining he can stash it away. Basically, my mailman is everything the post office isn't. He gets tipped.

$19 an hour to drive some shitty little truck in shitty weather conditions, stopping every 30 feet to sort out shitty annoying mail day after day after day.. they deserve a tip especially when they stop and say hi etc.

My mother-in-law is a mail carrier and the government pays her ~$60k a year. They don't need a tip.

I'll go get my hair cut this week, and I'll give them something special for Christmas. Because I've been getting my hair cut by the same guy for a while.

tell him he makes you look like ben winkler then

http://www.shootonline.com/go/media/articles/CabbagePatch_Geico_thumb46ded1ce38ef3.jpg

At first i thought it said Tripping your mailman/woman.

And no im not tipping the guy who leans out a window to drop bills in my mailbox. Maybe he should tip me for paying 45 cents for a stamp everytime i wanna mail something.

I think it's funny that people still buy stamps. I take care of everything electronically.

And when did they raise them to 45 cents? Now I'm really glad I never buy stamps!!