What are you in school for? What degree do you have and what do you do?

2pointslow

Assoc Network System Administration

BS Network Communication Management

Internship with JP Morgan (Global Technology Infrust.)

Working full time now at Ohio State as a System Admin.

Ill be starting a company soon, the goal is March next year to be open and running

Debo lets get together soon and talk about this.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Master of Architecture done this past Aug. from Kent State (5.5 yrs total)

Just working full time at a small firm building up work credits (need 700 @ 8 hrs each), and also need to start taking the ARE tests to actually become an Architect.

Assoc Network System Administration

BS Network Communication Management

Internship with JP Morgan (Global Technology Infrust.)

Working full time now at Ohio State as a System Admin.

Ill be starting a company soon, the goal is March next year to be open and running

Hook a brother up when you get started :)

I didn't go to school and regret it. I just went through technical school during highschool for auto tech.

In the next year or so I'm kicking the idea around to go to CSCC for their law enforcement program if I can't ever get into the CPD academy. I take my test for the academy in June.

Out of highschool i started at OSU for a bio degree, 1/2 way through swtiched to cscc and knocked out a fire/ems degree.

im goin back to school for nursing this summer.

Currently Im a firefigher/medic with a township near dayton and am a medic at a level 1 trauma ER here in columbus.

The short term plan is to land a full time fire job once Rn school is done, and do full time fire/part time nursing. If i cant get a fire job right off the bat ill supplement with full time cirtical care nursing untill i find a good fire job. To many Firefighers are stuck working jobs they dont 100% like because they are waiting for that perfect fire department.

Long term,10-15yrs, ill go for my Nurse practitoners or finish out the bio and go to med school.

I like school and def see my self as a life time student. It keeps you marketable if you are willing to consistantly put in work. The way things are shaping up, many of use wont be retiring untill our late 60's(even with responsible planning and wise, low risk investments). Might as well find a few careers you are A) happy in and B) can sustain for a long period of time.

I'll be finishing up my Master of Information Systems Management from Keller Graduate School of Management at the end of this month. Only 2 more weeks to go!

I've been at Alliance Data for 9 years. I'm a Senior Applications Programmer Analyst. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, I'm hoping this degree will help me move up faster.

I just have an A.A.S from UNOH. I also went to Devry for CET for two years before transfering out.

Right now I design and test valve train components for Roush Yates Engines (Ford NASCAR Cup engines). I have already won my first Daytona 500 (ring's come in this month) and I can't wait to win a championship.

I'm sure I'll go back to school again at some point.

Edited by Doug

I finish up my current nursing program this fall from OU-Chillicothe. I will be starting on the master's nurse practitioner program this summer through OSU. After which, I'd like to get into a CRNA program somewhere, but that's a few years down the road.

Hoping to get on at the OSU medical center this fall-winter as a nurse in the MedSurg unit. Work there for about a year, and then transfer over to a critical care unit to gather the necessary experience for CRNA school.

Right now, I work part time for my stepfather's equipment rental business.

Part-time at CSCC, started with Law Enforcement, then took some business/marketing classes, seriously thought about firefighting for a while, but now I'm back where I started and taking law enforcement classes again. Should have an Assoc. Arts/Law Enforcement degree through CSCC at some point in the next year.

BS in Computer Information Systems from Devry in 2007. I ended up landing an internship at Sterling Commerce and eventually was hired on as a full time UNIX Systems Administrator.

Later this year I plan on getting a personal trainer certification and possibly getting more involved with fitness type stuff... still not sure yet though.

Second to last Quarter at OSU for a BS in Human Ecology - Family Resource Management degree with a focus on banking. Essentially be a personal banker at a local bank, sell annuities etc. I also will probably go back to school to be a financial planner (only 2 or 3 classes) and then probably get my masters in FRM so I can teach at a university.

Second to last Quarter at OSU for a BS in Human Ecology - Family Resource Management degree with a focus on banking. Essentially be a personal banker at a local bank, sell annuities etc. I also will probably go back to school to be a financial planner (only 2 or 3 classes) and then probably get my masters in FRM so I can teach at a university.

I was signed up to do the FRM 2 qtrs ago. I was so close to doing it and then backed out. How do you like it? What kind of classes for your major course work?

2 year Technical degree in Electrical Technology

4 year apprenticeship in Electrical Technology with lots of college credit

I never used any of the college credit because I was sick of working as an electrician, and couldn't come up with anything I felt I would stick with.

Decided to go work on cars, didn't feel that paying for training was worth the money, and a year and a half ago I went and passed my first few ASEs in electrical (obviously), steering/suspension, and brakes. I think it's time I go back and pass some more.

Currently I'm a salesman at NTB, but I always find myself in the back diaging cars helping out the other techs. My back is fucked up which really makes it hard to do much real working on cars, but at least this job keeps me close. Obviously I have always worked more blue collar type work and find it very rewarding. I'm just not the type of person who can sit at a desk, either at work or school, so I never went for the formal college type education.