have you turned on your home a/c yet?

i dunno why i do this every year but i try to "hold out" to turn on my a/c. i dont care about the money, energy use, etc...i just do it for the heck of it. my house tends to stay cool if i button everything up. it was 68-71 the past two days. anyways i broke down this morning and turned it on before work. it was warm out. i hate sleeping when it is hot.

everybody else have theirs on?

tom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We turned ours on for the first time today. Speaking of its kinda chilly in here.:D It was 76 in here when I finally gave in.

Sleeping is also my biggest reason. I have been turning and tossing alot the last few days with windows open and fans on... I really like to be cold when Im sleeping...

i turned mine on a few days ago but it was broken, they came out to look at it (live in an apt) and they said there was a leak but they didnt have time to fix it so they just put in a bunch of freon said they would fix it tomorrow. Then they came back out and said still didnt have the stop leak and put more freon in that had leaked out after one day. They will be back out with the stop leak next week some time haha. Bye Bye ozone

We had to last week even though it was beautiful out. Our lot is lined with everygreen trees and the pollen is so bad it litterally is a cloud in our back yard when the wind blows. I measured 1/8" of pollen on our table outside when I cut the grass today. :(

Everything is green so I had to turn it on to avoid a mess in the house. Should be good once we get a strong storm. Hopefully this week.

Mine's about 70,but with our ceiling fan on in the bedroom I sleep fine. It helps that it cools down a bunch at night, but we keep the windows closed 24/7. I know I'll have to turn the AC on soon as its not getting as cool at nite. Oh well.

i turned it on after going outside for 30 minutes. came home from a car meet to get my camera and decided it needed to be on.

was nice though, because we went back to the meet from 1-4ish, came home to change to go back to work and it was nice and 71 in the house. fuck the 89 degrees it was outside today. i cant wait for winter to come back. i hate being hot/sticky/sweaty

I've had mine off and on for a month or two. With a bi-level house, cooling sucks ass. When it gets 75 outside, its' about 80 in the house, with all the windows open. The way the house sits, we dont' get much ventalation through the house.

+1

Bi level here too. Lower level is at least 5-10 degrees cooler than outside, but upstairs is probably 5-10 warmer than outside (if the fan isn't on).

Yep! Sucks that the furnace/a/c is up stairs too I was going to drop it in the basement but the furnace crapped out in the middle of the winter and needed a replacement. my bathroom would be HUGE right now if I could drop the water tank and the furnace in the basement :).

Nope. Not yet. Mine is still covered. I have a whole house fan that keeps the air circulated pretty well. House was up to 84 today, but with the air moving, it wasn't too bad. Too many more hot days like this and I'll be turning it on though.

My dad has one of these also, big ass fan mounted in the basement that sucks the air out of the house. Amazing what one fan in the basement of a 3 level house can do. You can stand at the top of the stairs from the basement and feel the draft it creates.

I turned the A/C in my apartment on yesterday, had the whole place at 65 by the time I went to bed and it felt amazing. I live in a small place that is in the middle of the complex so it is extremely well insulated.

I like it cold when i sleep but a box fan usually does the trick for a while. my fucking sister loves it cold she turned it on 2 weeks ago and i usually creep it warmer and warmer until she doesnt notice that it hardly comes on anymore. She just doesnt understand the concept of an electric bill apparently?

haven't turned mine on yet... almost did last night.

my wife hates the A/C so we typically wait until it gets so hot that I can't stand it and say fuck it and turn it on anyways.... which I would have to say might be today... :)

Schmuck finally put his foot down yesterday and we had to turn it on.... I'm scared of the electric bill but he says it's worth it to be cool.

What do you guys keep yours at? I wanted 72 and he wanted 68, so we had to meet in the middle at 70