Movies you've liked that you did not expect to like.

thorne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondhand Lions-I had figured it was some sickening sweet kids movie, and it starred the "I see dead people" child actor I can't stand. Wow. What a great movie.

Waterboy-my stupid friends insisted that I see it and that it was the funniest movie ever. I'm not an Adam Sandler fan. I had my mind made up that I wouldn't find any of it funny and that I would hate it. Instead, I laughed nearly the whole movie.

I'm sure there are a dozen more that surprised me by being better than I imagined, but those two stand out.

Good Night, and Good Luck. I really liked this movie. Its produced by George Clooney its about Edward R Murrow and his battle with the government and his words with Senator McCarthy. Its in black and white and features actual footage of Senator McCarthy. This movie is VERY biased in Murrows favor and doesn't really do McCarthy's fight against Communism justice, even though he was a loon.

Secondhand Lions-I had figured it was some sickening sweet kids movie, and it starred the "I see dead people" child actor I can't stand. Wow. What a great movie.

+1 there.

Proof was pretty good, saw the play before the movie though.

Metropolis, usually not a fan of silent films, but the imagery is freaking awesome.

The Jacket!

YES, great flick

No Country for old men

Bucket List

good movies, but i knew i would like them before hand

Big Fish

+1

In Bruges with Colin Farrel, turned out not to bad at all.

agreed 100%

Seven Pounds.

+1

But really. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Turned into one of my favorite movies.

watched this with my kids as a family night, and i gotta admit, i liked it as well

Fuck "The Notebook". I've never been so angry at a movie in my entire life.

Honestly, the movies I thought I wouldn't like, but loved, would have to be the Bourne movies. I never, ever though of Matt Damon in that role, but those movies are fantastic. Damon does a terrific job in those movies and it's a total shocker.

Another one I like is "10 Things I Hate About You".

Mine would be an oldie

Usual Suspects

I had to see the movie for a college course and so I made a bunch of my buddies go with me. None of us had heard of the movie before and had no idea what it was about or even who was in it.

It turned out bad ass and a complete surprise.