What did you run today?

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that, I guess I shouldn't have removed my side mirrors for this race. HA!

heh.. no problem. I think you came about 2 inches from my door. I was waiting for a group of people to walk across my parking spot and next thing you know I'm about 6 inches from a chute off to my left side lol.

Also, who has the red porsche turbo car. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Guy who had the red Porsche was the same guy who drove the 7 second Cobalt. He is 82 years old and has only been drag racing for 2 1/2 years. He was a 5 time motorcycle hill climb national champion in the 70's. He said, "Quite frankly, I did not have the money to get into drag racing before that." He must have hit the lottery or something because he had one hell of a rig and trailer to pull those cars. He was a super nice guy. By looking at him and talking to him, you would guess that he was 55 years old, not 82.

No prob, the car doesn't like men thanks to Benner, lol. I do have to say, she piloted it to several 13.20s in the afternoon after getting back into the groove of things. I'm hoping after the head swap and more tuning she can take it into the 12s herself :)

Don't understand it. I never had a problem throwing it into any gear. Still don't when I occasionally drive it. Just gotta finesse it.

What did Matt run in the S10?

i saw Matt make a low 9 pass, but didnt see a 8 sec. time slip from him. Only saw him make 1 pass tho, he was in the lanes when we were leaving.

Our POS, was having clutch issues, embarassed ourselves yesterday. lol.

only made 2 pass's. First pass i couldnt even stage the car.

2nd pass, staged the car, but as soon as i started bringing the r's up, it pushed right threw the lights. to a 10.4 @ 135 pass..lol...

we watched after that, as i didnt have the needed tools with me to correct my issues.

As normal tho, we had a great time with the folks of CR. Great bunch of folks that come to the event, and a great bunch that orginize the event!

Mike

Guy who had the red Porsche was the same guy who drove the 7 second Cobalt. He is 82 years old and has only been drag racing for 2 1/2 years. He was a 5 time motorcycle hill climb national champion in the 70's. He said, "Quite frankly, I did not have the money to get into drag racing before that." He must have hit the lottery or something because he had one hell of a rig and trailer to pull those cars. He was a super nice guy. By looking at him and talking to him, you would guess that he was 55 years old, not 82.

Wow. Didn't realize that he had both cars. That Porsche was nasty. A couple of us were hoping to see it run and I walked away when he went down the first time. My friend said that it went 10.7x's @ 133 and my jaw dropped. That would be a fun car to hustle with.

Guest Removed
Anthony, thanks for allowing me to attempt to drive your wifes car. I am sorry I couldnt do anything better with it. I was having a hard time getting it into 3rd gear. Anyways, there were alot of nice cars out there yesterday. I really loved the 2 smurf blue mustangs.

No prob, the car doesn't like men thanks to Benner, lol. I do have to say, she piloted it to several 13.20s in the afternoon after getting back into the groove of things. I'm hoping after the head swap and more tuning she can take it into the 12s herself :)

Don't understand it. I never had a problem throwing it into any gear. Still don't when I occasionally drive it. Just gotta finesse it.

it shifts 3rd just fine for me :confused:

it shifts 3rd just fine for me :confused:

That's because the car likes you Rob. It always wants to visit. ;) It shifts fine for me too. Car is just picky on the way it is put into gear. Anthony has always had an issue with getting it into 3ed and 5th always grinds for him, and several other people have had the same issues. Car is possessed.

my best for the day was 10,54 @125 with a 1.44 60'. i didn't bring jets and finding a spot to hook was impossible or it would of been much better. Good day overall though. Thanks Ant and BC for a fun day. BC work on the tree...