What did you run today?

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mods?

SLP Lid, Magnaflow cat back, Pacesetter Long Tubes with Texas Speed ORY, 3500 TCI Stall with a B&M tranny cooler, UMI Lower Control Arms, UMI Relocation Brackets, UMI SFC's and BFG Drag Radials.

I am very pleased with the times and the consistant nature of the times. Last yar when the track went to shit I would be in the 13.80's this year I was in the 12.80's.

Now I REALLY want to get to a track that hooks better and see what the car can do. I was only able to leave at around 2200 rpm's because the track could not take anymore.

Guest Removed
SLP Lid, Magnaflow cat back, Pacesetter Long Tubes with Texas Speed ORY, 3500 TCI Stall with a B&M tranny cooler, UMI Lower Control Arms, UMI Relocation Brackets, UMI SFC's and BFG Drag Radials.

I am very pleased with the times and the consistant nature of the times. Last yar when the track went to shit I would be in the 13.80's this year I was in the 12.80's.

Now I REALLY want to get to a track that hooks better and see what the car can do. I was only able to leave at around 2200 rpm's because the track could not take anymore.

you need tires and gears.

and a better track

you need tires and gears.

and a better track

Gears will put the car in the mid 12's maybe lower. The tires hooked pretty good I am happy with those. Trails just flat struggled later in the day with the track trying to make it hook.

Oh well I just like seeing all those time slips with 1.8x 60 foots :)

I ran pretty consistent 10.7xs all day, battling traction issues in the morning then heat/humidity in the afternoon.

10.73 @ 127, 1.58 60' against the other Firebird-driving Admin, who was right on my ass the entire run :lol:

Thanks to everyone that came out, it ended up being a nice day and a great turnout. We ended up with almost 120 vehicles registered after a discussion with NTR, and some fast cars were out in force.

Look for the next event in June :)

Man I had a blast, I only ran a 12.6@110. This is the first time out of my 2.2 + 18g. Put the turbo on Wednesday night and had not dialed it in. ;) . CR Trackdays are a reason to finish that last little upgrade :).

I don't think I'll run 11's this year unless I find a way bigger tire. I refuse to abuse my trans into 5th. I tried a few times to slide it in nicely and It did not want to go so I was not forcing it. The subaru gear boxes are not for drag racing ;). I only do it on CR Track days.

Guest Removed
Gears will put the car in the mid 12's maybe lower. The tires hooked pretty good I am happy with those. Trails just flat struggled later in the day with the track trying to make it hook.

Oh well I just like seeing all those time slips with 1.8x 60 foots :)

same tires that was on it, or did you use different tires then the ones thats was on it here?

Guest Removed
Man I had a blast, I only ran a 12.6@110. This is the first time out of my 2.2 + 18g. Put the turbo on Wednesday night and had not dialed it in. ;) . CR Trackdays are a reason to finish that last little upgrade :).

I don't think I'll run 11's this year unless I find a way bigger tire. I refuse to abuse my trans into 5th. I tried a few times to slide it in nicely and It did not want to go so I was not forcing it. The subaru gear boxes are not for drag racing ;). I only do it on CR Track days.

lol turn the maf back on..:lol:

Guest Removed
I firmly believe he had 12.5's in him today. The car had to be bitch slapped a little.

I <3 the sound of the 2jz. even the NA-T type. .

car could go 11's. needs more tuning for sure. 2.2 60's on a 12.968, he;s leaving a bunch on the table with the street tires.

2.2 60's on a 12.968, he;s leaving a bunch on the table with the street tires.

I'd say, jesus. I'm really happy you got that thing going finally. Finally doing some real work. Sounds like it might be a nice roll car.... :ninja:

8.96 at 160.94. Car ran great today and it seems like the tire/suspension mods we've done finally started to get the thing going straight down the track.

Thanks to Anthony and CR for putting on another well run event!

Your driver almost backed into my driver door in the early afternoon :).

My best time in my turd was a 14.2 @ 97. Playing it safe, tried a smaller pulley, less timing, slower car. eh, it's just a daily anyways.

I brought the 87 to the track and my best run was a 13.988@97.71 in the 87 DD vette. This is not bad since the Motor Trend stats in 89 were 15.3 in the quarter. It was a fun time and I would like to thank the coordinators that made this event happen.

8.96 at 160.94. Car ran great today and it seems like the tire/suspension mods we've done finally started to get the thing going straight down the track.

Thanks to Anthony and CR for putting on another well run event!

Congrats !!!!

that thing is really working for you !!!!!

Your driver almost backed into my driver door in the early afternoon :).

My best time in my turd was a 14.2 @ 97. Playing it safe, tried a smaller pulley, less timing, slower car. eh, it's just a daily anyways.

Sorry about that, I guess I shouldn't have removed my side mirrors for this race. HA!

Anthony, thanks for allowing me to attempt to drive your wifes car. I am sorry I couldnt do anything better with it. I was having a hard time getting it into 3rd gear. Anyways, there were alot of nice cars out there yesterday. I really loved the 2 smurf blue mustangs.

No prob, the car doesn't like men thanks to Benner, lol. I do have to say, she piloted it to several 13.20s in the afternoon after getting back into the groove of things. I'm hoping after the head swap and more tuning she can take it into the 12s herself :)

13.60 @ 102.xx w/ a 2.2x 60' ...:( I got the 60' down to a 2.06, but I was hoping for at least low 13's, but the MPH just wasn't there. Car is stock besides a Lid/Filter, so I guess its not horrible for an auto car.

Hopefully later this year I'll be back with a stall, lt's, and a couple other small things and go mid 12's.

Meh, at least it didn't break!