What are you likes for wipers/brands ?

TTQ B4U

The one part of cars that I hate most are wipers. What are the brands/wipers you guys like the most?

The wife's van is due and has a windshield like an airbus. Would pay extra for some really good quality ones that last.

Links and details appreciated.

I buy the almost the cheapest, but ones I recognize, pretty sure they are anco. Like $7-8 each and last me at least 3-6 months, if not longer. I've never had any last much longer, so no point in paying twice as much IMO. Plus oreillys usually has BOGO.

Bosch Icon. I'm a fanatic about a clean wind shield. They last the longest and they clean the best. I treat the wind shield with 2 coats of rainX every 4 months, and it just makes it that much better. Before I rainx, I scrub the heck out of the wind shield to ensure it's clear and clean.

Yop, they are expensive, about $20 each. But worth it for not having to replace as often and the quality.

Bosch Icon. I'm a fanatic about a clean wind shield. They last the longest and they clean the best. I treat the wind shield with 2 coats of rainX every 4 months, and it just makes it that much better. Before I rainx, I scrub the heck out of the wind shield to ensure it's clear and clean.

Yop, they are expensive, about $20 each. But worth it for not having to replace as often and the quality.

^^ I like your thinking. So far, after 20 minutes of interweb studying, they seem to be the most liked.

I'm all for paying a bit more for longer lasting ones. The cheap ones I've bought in the past always seem to skip or chatter. It sucks enough to drive the van when I do let along in the rain with chattering wipers and kids. Add in two talkative kids and $20 on wipers or vodka is fine with me. The latter wins out but I can't do that and drive :)

NAPA.

It's what we sold at Dad's all those years. Couldn't count how many people bought cheap shit across the street at AZ, and would come back to us for the NAPA blades. And yes, they are pricey.

Will check them out too. NAPA is right by my house and carries Bosch too.

i just bought the bosch icon, since dave was talking about them being BOGO at oreillys (still like $23 for a pair with the BOGO)...im honestly not a fan...they're not even a month old, and after week 1, i can see tiny water streaks when im running them, almost like there are a few pinhole size cuts on the blade, and its not clearing all the water

ive used the $6-7 blades from meijer quite a few times and been happier than the icons.

Icons or NeoForms. I have Icons on all of my cars now, but I plan to go to NeoForms on the Legacy next because they are slightly lower profile. The Icons lift the wiper arm a bit too high for my taste.

I think the beam blade type of wipers are more susceptible to dirt than the bracketed style because the pressure across the wiping edge is more even. Wiping the blades clean with a little rubbing alcohol helps them a lot.

Trico neforms were alright for a little bit, not worth it though. I got the rain-x repel for my mom's car, those seem to work very well. I'm pretty sure they are the same as the rain-x latitudes + the packet of rain-x. So, I would just say go with the rain-x latitudes.

Also Bosch Icons. I've been using them for quite a few years now, they usually last about a year which is about 11 months longer than I ever had any other blade last before it drove me insane for some reason.

What's the Van? Sometimes the stock blades are really good and you can buy inserts from the dealership on the cheap. Maybe they are just too old, any blade will die eventually and skip.