Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

You dog Georgia's uniforms (terrible pun intended) and then praise Boise's? You realize their helmet features a huge ghost horse and the all white made them look like they were playing in long-john pajamas, right?

Lol, but they beat the GA bulldog!

Anyone care to make a prediction on miami vs md game tonite? Part of me want the canes to win, so it'll be a good game next week again osu. But it's gonna be tough again md at home. Wonder what's the bounty on the md qb on this game?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dog Georgia's uniforms (terrible pun intended) and then praise Boise's? You realize their helmet features a huge ghost horse and the all white made them look like they were playing in long-john pajamas, right?

So you don't like any uniform when they go all white I guess? Such a clean look. Texas all whites, Penn State's simple uniforms, Oregon when they go to an all white... all look great IMO. Either way they were a HUGE upgrade over their pro combat jerseys from last season that looked like they had a fanny pack on or something.

And I have no prediction on the MD-Miami game tonight. I don't know enough about who each team returns from last year and I have a great deal of respect for both of the new coaches (Edsall at MD and Golden at Miami). Should be a very well coached game at least.

LET ME SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU: Urban Meyer is NOT wanted at OSU!! END conversation.

You say this based on... what? I'm not denying what you're saying just wondering if you're saying that as a fan who doesn't like Urban or as someone who's privy to some of the conversations going on right now between Urban and OSU.

So you don't like any uniform when they go all white I guess? Such a clean look. Texas all whites, Penn State's simple uniforms, Oregon when they go to an all white... all look great IMO. Either way they were a HUGE upgrade over their pro combat jerseys from last season that looked like they had a fanny pack on or something.

And I have no prediction on the MD-Miami game tonight. I don't know enough about who each team returns from last year and I have a great deal of respect for both of the new coaches (Edsall at MD and Golden at Miami). Should be a very well coached game at least.

You say this based on... what? I'm not denying what you're saying just wondering if you're saying that as a fan who doesn't like Urban or as someone who's privy to some of the conversations going on right now between Urban and OSU.

Both. I firstly just don't like guy at all and his job jumping is too much.

Thats still a lot of time away from his family which he said was one of the biggest reasons he stepped down. Regardless I don't think he is the coach next year at tOSU. Just saw that the Miami/OSU game is a 7:30 kickoff, kinda sucks because thats around the same time Oklahoma/Florida St play.

So you don't like any uniform when they go all white I guess? Such a clean look. Texas all whites, Penn State's simple uniforms, Oregon when they go to an all white... all look great IMO.

Agreed. I've always loved the all white look...

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/SEC+Championship+Alabama+v+Florida+dLDXuC-HmjQl.jpg

Looks like the remaining 8 schools are gonna try stopping this from happening...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6939017/texas-aggies-accepted-sec-legal-threat-delays-move

I really hate the idea of super conference, god it'll be the end of college football for me if it comes to that. I really don't wanna have to resort to the NFL. Article also states that BYU would most likely join the big 12 if they decide to stay together.

The rumor a month or so ago on our pro combats for this year was an all gray. Would have to think it would be a dark gray so probably more comparable to the all blacks everyone does. Still could look sweet.

Do they look anything like the photchopped ones below? I do like them if they do...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_p3X2VWfkh4k/TUBw0ewycLI/AAAAAAAACtg/udNXOXLqGzg/s1600/Ohio+State+PC.png

Going to the game tomorrow, pretty excited about that. The 3 suspended players (Jordan Hall, Travis Howard and Corey Brown) are suspended for the game tomorrow, dumb bastards took $200 dollars in cash, not just gift bags.

Not a real great day of football tomorrow on paper outside of PSU vs Bama (that'll turn out to be a blowout in Bama's favor sadly), you also have ND vs Michigan in Michigans very first night game at the Big House...think about the years that place has been open.

Fuckin a. Let's make sure the game isn't close or ne thing. AMIRITE?

Oh my god, I thought it was over when Toledo moved the ball right down the field with under a min to go, our special teams and DB's pass coverage needs work, don't get me wrong Toledo has talent but that was too close for comfort.

now I hope Penn State can take care of Bama

I feel that the secondary for OSU is actually the strong point of the defense. The D-Line didn't get a ton of pressure on the qb outside of 2 sacks. I will say this, our linebackers are slow!!! Against a spread team or a team that has a mobile qb OSU is in trouble.

The special teams yet again are not special at all. Not to mention why the fuck is Bauserman playing? God it just goes to show how bad Akron really is, he looked all world, today he looked like, well, Joe Bauserman lol

I feel that the secondary for OSU is actually the strong point of the defense. The D-Line didn't get a ton of pressure on the qb outside of 2 sacks. I will say this, our linebackers are slow!!! Against a spread team or a team that has a mobile qb OSU is in trouble.

The special teams yet again are not special at all. Not to mention why the fuck is Bauserman playing? God it just goes to show how bad Akron really is, he looked all world, today he looked like, well, Joe Bauserman lol

Don't worry, I think it's part of the master plan. Down played Toledo game, but watch out for the scarlet and gray warriors next week.;)

Who here watched the ND vs Meechigan game? The 4th quarter was nut. Instant classic material right there. Only, only, only Notre Dame can blow up like that!!! Shit, I have to go clean myself up.

that was one of the best fucking games i have ever watched. michigans come back was amazing. nd scoring with 30 sec left, i thought it was over but denard stepped it up and made completions unlike the first half of the game. it was definitely an exciting game to watch. i could only imagine what 114,000+ people sounded like on that last touch down

Secondary is absolutely a strength. OJ is a little iffy at times still but Roby, Clarke and Barnett are gamers. Clarke is not going to make it easy on Travis Howard whenever he becomes eligible again to get his starting spot back. We were missing our top 2 defensive linemen at times today with Williams out (no idea why - too much crap to sift through on the OSU sites to figure it out) and Simon going down with cramps for a long time (thank god he came back in - he may have saved the game for us on Toledo's final drive). Sweat is an amazing LB. Klein had the nice INT but I agree otherwise he is kinda slow. Sabino needs to be out there more... had some nice plays today. Hopefully it's just been precautionary letting Klein play more since Sabino had hand surgery just a few weeks ago. Then we were not playing well at all from the star position. Moeller couldn't get off blocks to save his life today and Bryant got in at times and was a liability in coverage. The star position is supposed to be a spread offense/screen pass buster and they just killed us today with nothing but screens.

Then offense... No idea why Milller didn't get at least a couple series at times to try and spark the offense like Pryor did when we were struggling against Ohio in 2008. And they had Berry in there for returns but didn't give him a single carry? Then we lost our #1 WR (at least with Posey out) probably for a while. At least Verlon Reed has shown that he catches anything thrown near him and Devin Smith has seriously emerged. The of course Stoney is Stoney. Smith with another bad fumble today. His arms are too long which leads to him only having really one point of pressure securing the ball, his hand. Very easy to poke out. Going to have to be coached to carry the ball higher like Beanie did. Remember Beanie had some bad fumbles early on as did Clarett and even Eddie George. As was pointed out by some last week, neither Smith nor Hyde are finding seams or showing the ability to bounce it outside yet. Going to be night and day when we get Jordan Hall back then eventually Boom.

Looks like a much tougher game in Miami now. Hopefully the NCAA stops fucking with us and lets the 2 #7's on the field.

/tl;dr