What's your Electric Bill

TTQ B4U

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only this high in January. We use thermal curtains, block off rooms that aren't In use, use a programmable thermostat, wear layers instead of turning heat up...

Oh you have electric heat?

Yeah I have gas heat.

My electric bill is double this month what it was last January. I called bitching but to no avail.

Guys, seriously, go find an alternative supplier. You don't HAVE to sit in here and bitch, you can actually DO something about this, and it's REALLY easy. Shit, I'll sell it to you for 5.99 cents per kWh, let me know where to send the paperwork.

we had to jump on heap.. old house aprx. 1920's. we pay $66 each for gas and electric. normally gas is around 500 to heat the house at 68 degrees. electric averages 150. the house needs updated there are drafts all over and if the wind is right the doors shut on there own.

Now that we are out of our last house and Apartment and live in Westerville now and pay the co-op, our bill last month was $290 for trash, water, and electric. Another $40 to Columbia Gas to heat a 3500 sq ft house, we keep it at 68 degrees.

For all this in our last house that was 1400 sq ft and 20 years old we were paying $250 a month. We have more that doubled our sq footage, and pay less than $100 extra in utilities. (These energy star 3.0 homes MI is building now are pretty good I think. Our basement is another 1400 sq ft and brings our house to almost 5000 sq ft.)