This just in.....wear your damn seatbelts!

TTQ B4U

Just read about Kyle Bennet and even just over the past two days of news here in Cbus have heard like 3-4 other accidents where people are killing themselves in car wrecks and in everyone of the incidents they failed to buckle up.

WTF! :dumb::dumb: Wake the fuck up already!

Moot point. The campaign for wearing seat belt is decades old & yet some people ignore its facts. In general, more people believe in blow-hard politicians than seat belt facts. Excuses and opinions will be given out in an effort not to buckle up; it's like an asshole, everyone got one.

My favorite is the excuse, " well my friend was in an accident and if he would have been wearing his seatbelt, he would have died"

congratulations, if that were actually true and not some hearsay bullshit, that may be one of the one in a million times where that was the case.

I was first on the scene (well first who knew anything) of a wreck in new albany where a lady thought it was a good idea to use her face to break the drivers side window out then fly across a field. Her face was messed up bad, jaw snapped, blood, it was pretty nasty.

but yeah, moral of the story, seatbelts are good

My GF doesn't wear them. She got rear ended a week or two ago. neck hurts, etc.. We go for a weekend trip last Friday. She gets in the car and goes....no seat belt. I gave her a ration of crap for it lol.

My favorite is the excuse, " well my friend was in an accident and if he would have been wearing his seatbelt, he would have died"

congratulations, if that were actually true and not some hearsay bullshit, that may be one of the one in a million times where that was the case.

I was first on the scene (well first who knew anything) of a wreck in new albany where a lady thought it was a good idea to use her face to break the drivers side window out then fly across a field. Her face was messed up bad, jaw snapped, blood, it was pretty nasty.

but yeah, moral of the story, seatbelts are good

2 of my cousins were involved in a crash. The one wearing a seat belt died, the other who wasn't wearing one, was thrown out and walked away with bruises. If its your time, it's going to happen either way

I only wear mine so I don't have to hear it beep at me the entire trip. I miss my svx and other cars that automatically brought the shoulder strap up to me.

Yeah, except you were probably better off not wearing a seatbelt at all...unless you actually used the bottom belt as well.

I have no time for people who think they are too cool for seatbelts.

As an engineer in the field, I would NEVER not wear my belt.

I've seen test crashes of all kinds and I know just how important belts are and how important airbags are.

Remember, people, airbags are called supplementary restraint systems (SRS) for a reason...they supplement the seatbelts and it may actually be dangerous for a bag to blow without the primary restraint (the belt) being there

/professional blurb

As an engineer in the field, I would NEVER not wear my belt.

I've seen test crashes of all kinds and I know just how important belts are and how important airbags are.

Remember, people, airbags are called supplementary restraint systems (SRS) for a reason...they supplement the seatbelts and it may actually be dangerous for a bag to blow without the primary restraint (the belt) being there

/professional blurb

Yet this is the only country that does its test WITHOUT seatbelts thus forcing the airbags to be built with that in mind(as I've read it).

I always wear mine, seen too many accidents in my travels to not wear it.

Yet this is the only country that does its test WITHOUT seatbelts thus forcing the airbags to be built with that in mind(as I've read it).

I always wear mine, seen too many accidents in my travels to not wear it.

you have no idea what you're talking about

edit: no airbag is built, designed, tested under the assumption of an unbelted occupant.....Tests are ALWAYS conducted with a belted occupant

Edited by das borgen

my best friend watched me flip my dads BMW through the woods when i was 18/19 so 2003ish (he was behind me). i unbuckled my seatbelt, fell onto the ceiling of the car (it was upside down), and crawled out. in 07, he was driving like an ass like i was years before, didn't learn from me, wasn't wearing his seatbelt, and got ejected and split his head open and died. there's pics of his evo in here if you search back enough. it was in december 07, car was insane how bad it was. his gf in the car with her seatbelt on? a concussion and some tiny scratches. no stitches, no broken bones, etc.

http://www.rockystar.com/home/math/images/kinetic.gif

30mph = X Energy

60mph = 4x Energy

120mph = 16x Energy

Speed exponentially increases Kinetic Energy (energy of motion), that energy is what must be absorbed in a crash, either into crumple zones, trees, or the driver. Always wear it, physics don't lie.

edit: no airbag is built, designed, tested under the assumption of an unbelted occupant.....Tests are ALWAYS conducted with a belted occupant

He is somewhat right. Air bags were designed to protect the driver because when they were invented usage of seat belt rates were very low.

Not according to sources Car and Driver magazine is quoting, don't have the issue in front of me but they quoted numbers from NHTSA about belt usage and how some companies are testing airbags.