So you think a Miata is gay?

Cordell

Yup, I'm already bored. Winter time sucks.

For now I'm just going to leave the Miata alone. It is such a blast the way it is.

This one is hung up around the house, having my family be so supportive is awesome.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/ND2RACE/Miata%20Autocross/DSC08722b.jpg

1) Yes, can't wait for the off season to end even though it just started

2) The saying is 'run what you brung' and this thread is the epitomy of just that....I've seen guys go from Corvette's Evo X's and other high horsepower cars over to a modified Miata, and still have a blast on an even smaller budget. I razz my friends about their Miata's from time to time, but that is exactly the reason why I can...they're your friend's and if you can't bust their balls about something, then what's the point :dumb: I still have yet to drive a Miata in anger, but I plan to sometime in the future

3) Having a supportive wife, family, et al is HUGE!!! My son was born on May 31 of 2011 smack dab at the beginning of autocross season, and being how awesome my wife is, I have been able to not miss one event over the past two years. I have even been the Co-Solo Chair this past year and the year coming up.....soon as my son is old enough, he will be out there riding around with me, and if I can convince the wife, we may be looking at Kart in 3-4 years (**fingers crossed**)

Glad to see some passion about motorsports, and hope to see you at some SCCA events next season with Jones #AudiLOL

Great pic btw :thumbup:

What if you can't FIT in a miata?

Then you're not trying hard enough. I'm 6'3" and 350 pounds of pure useless fatass and I can drive a Miata all day. My brother has an NA and I'm known to make random appearances in it.

Then you buy an S2000.

...which is actually tighter than a Miata. It's still possible though.

^^^ damn!

I'm 5'10" and 250 and feel snug in a miata, and actually liked the s2000 better but wow, more power to you! Maybe it was bc I was driving a newer one?

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm more than "snug" in a Miata. There is a routine to putting the car on, but it is not a big deal to me. I have only ever been defeated by an MG Midget. There was just noooo way in hell that was happening.

Miata:fuckyeah: S2000:fuckyeah: MGB:fuckyeah: Z3:fuckyeah:Solstice:fuckyeah:RX7:fuckyeah: Mini(Newer):fuckyeah:

I have witnessed Adam in a Miata, it can be done!!! Though keep in mind it's the "NA" Miata or 1st gen, the 2nd gens are smaller inside as I also can fit(just barely) in a 1st gen(6'3" 265lbs) but I don't even come close to fitting into a 2nd gen. The 3rd gen is snug but doable.

The S2000 is also tight and my hands hit my thighs trying to turn the wheel but a few minor mods allow 6+foot drivers in an S2000, and believe me it's worth squeezing into one as few cars on the planet can handle as well as an S.

Miatas are gay bcuz I don't fit in them........and they're just gay.

I have witnessed Adam in a Miata, it can be done!!! Though keep in mind it's the "NA" Miata or 1st gen, the 2nd gens are smaller inside as I also can fit(just barely) in a 1st gen(6'3" 265lbs) but I don't even come close to fitting into a 2nd gen. The 3rd gen is snug but doable.

The S2000 is also tight and my hands hit my thighs trying to turn the wheel but a few minor mods allow 6+foot drivers in an S2000, and believe me it's worth squeezing into one as few cars on the planet can handle as well as an S.

Miatas are gay bcuz I don't fit in them........and they're just gay.

I fit in all three generations. Miatas aren't gay pony boy. Go play with your throttle at a stop light.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm more than "snug" in a Miata. There is a routine to putting the car on, but it is not a big deal to me. I have only ever been defeated by an MG Midget. There was just noooo way in hell that was happening.

Miata:fuckyeah: S2000:fuckyeah: MGB:fuckyeah: Z3:fuckyeah:Solstice:fuckyeah:RX7:fuckyeah: Mini(Newer):fuckyeah:

YAY, Solstice made the list...

ive owned plenty of Miata's and growing up i remember when my dad bought 5 hardtop NA's in one day and we had a rainbow of miata's at the house. its a simple car that is honestly one of the best "drivers cars" on the market, while honestly trying to live with a DD miata is near impossible due to its lack of size they are always a blast to drive! When i have kids and if they are into cars i would probably buy one for them, plenty of fun but not enough power to get into trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
Pound for pound I think these are one of the best cars ever built for a true driver. Not super expensive, not overly complicated, and enough power to enjoy but not get yourself killed in without really really trying. Unfortunately it feels like less and less children are following the car lovers foot steps...I truely hope your daughter does! Great post and look forward to meeting you at the AutoXs this year!