Tell me what Inventory to stock

2highpsi

I am going to keep this thread for suggestions of what inventory I should stock.

I have my typical bread and butter stuff that I will always be looking for. But I am always looking for more input.

A good example of this would be NotBrian recently turning me on to the Volvo S60R market. I never knew how cool of a car this was. Nor did I know what kind of cult following it had. Needless to say.. now if I see a deal on an S60R, it will be on the lot.

So what should I get:

I would say the Saab 9-3 (05 and above) especially the aero trim. Sharp looking. When I was shopping, I could not find one locally

That takes the right person. I'm sure lots of potential Saab buyers are scared off by the fact that there really is no more Saab.

I'm sure Jordan is well aware of most followings out there. If a lot has a couple sports cars and interesting things out front that always seems good for bussiness to bring in a few more people. Seems like crossovers and small SUVs are still fairly popular with the masses. We sell quite a few Mazda CX5s and CX9s, plus the Subaru side seems to move a lot of that ugly XV Crosstek. A couple cars like that in your second row are good bet.

I would say the Saab 9-3 (05 and above) especially the aero trim. Sharp looking. When I was shopping, I could not find one locally

I actually bought and sold a nice Saab 9-3 a couple weeks ago. Great car for the money.

As Scott pointed out, I did have a couple people hesitant to pull the trigger due to them being out of business. (Actually a couple of my banks won't even finance a loan on them now for the same reason)

Not knowing the intricacies of owning a used auto dealership, I would think that building a great brand and loyal customer base would focus on understanding of certain cars and becoming a sort of expert in them to be successful.

Given that you're in Eastern Ohio (and not, say, Dallas, TX or L.A.), I'd focus on trucks, but also I think there is a resurgence of American iron. 70s-90s RWD sedans and coupes. You could find cheap, V8-powered Buicks and Oldsmobiles for example, clean them up (light body work and mechanical repairs on the cheap), and sell them. Local sales are obviously good, but focus on making whatever you sell look as good as it possibly can for internet sales..

I am always partial to stick-shift cars...:)

• 2 weeks later...
Being in a town like Cambridge (I'm from Marietta BTW, not all that different) I'd stock pile Cobalts, Focuses and Corollas. But hide them in the back.

lol, why hide them in the back?

Cts-v wagons, I'll be in the market for one soon. Ohh, in optulent blue or white, auto too, please. ;)

Second person to ask me about a V wagon in 24 hours... Im gonna have to look into these

03-05 civic 2 door with a 5 speed

Actually might have a line on one that a buddy of mine is taking on trade @ a higher line lot that he will wholesale me. I'll keep you posted, as you were the first person I thought of when he told me about it.

I actually bought and sold a nice Saab 9-3 a couple weeks ago. Great car for the money.

As Scott pointed out, I did have a couple people hesitant to pull the trigger due to them being out of business. (Actually a couple of my banks won't even finance a loan on them now for the same reason)

My bank just said, "how much do you need?" Had no qualms about it being a Saab.

I'm looking for a lower mileage tow vehicle to add to the fleet. Sub 100k miles, $10k-ish ball park and v8/4x4. Strict purpose to tow a boat and/or camper, otherwise will be parked. Thinking along the lines of a Suburban/Tahoe/Sequoia/Expedition/Excursion. Nothing older than 2000. Want it loaded if possible. Must be CLEAN. Let me know if you come across anything like this. Thanks