College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's literally insane how much hate OSU gets compared to other schools. Fuck the SEC, this kid almost definitely raped that girl and needs to be suspended at least, it's fair to her and her family, as well as to Collegiate football. This, and the Manziel thing are complete BS favoring the SEC. Seriously, how bad is selling memorabilia for tattoos compared to selling memorabilia for LOTS of money in the case of Manziel, and raping a young girl? Being from Connecticut it's disheartening to hate ESPN so much since I lived just 30 minutes from their headquarters for the first 17 years of my life, but they've become too money-hungry and SEC-friendly. Fox or someone really should take over NCAA Football.

I used to love ESPN back in the 1980s and 1990s. SportsCenter was this revolutionary, really awesome thing. And back then they had no clout or money so all they could show was NHL. But they seemed unbiased and just there to be into sports and report on sports and talk about it.

I can't say that I blame them for now being the way they are. I bet a lot of pretty smart people have gotten really rich from going the directions in which they've gone. Fuck, like you said, they basically control NCAAF - like, literally, there's this scheduling czar guy from ESPN that all the AD's have to kiss ass with or be exiled. So, while I get it from a capitalism perspective - hey, if you can make a buck, I'm not going to hate on you for it - but, from a fan perspective, I despite was ESPN has become.

I read that the average size of a corner in the NFL is 5'9 185. He is 5"11 192 and very physical/

CBS prospects has him as #3 CB and 1-2 rounds. They don't have all their mocks out so they don't have a consensus draft spot for him (which is why it doesnt go past the first round).

Where did you read that at? I am interested in seeing if that is actually true or not, seems very small to me if that is the average size of an NFL DB when WR's are getting bigger and bigger.

Again, I would not be surprised to see him drop out of the first round come draft day. Then again he could go top 10 if he puts up gawdy numbers at the combine. NFL teams base talent on 40 yard dashes sometimes (Oakland)

My point was to agree with your sentiment that it's better to have criminals on your team as oppose to compliancy violators as far as the NCAA is concerned.

My "yeah" was acknowledging your agreement. Agree to disagree that we agree. :gabe: But most importantly I wanted to add the FSU policy on felony charges.

Wouldn't it become an NCAA situation if FSU knew about it and helped cover it up? Don't they consider that "lack of institutional control"

FSU PD were either pulled from the investigation or pulled themselves very early because of a conflict of interest with an involved attorney. This was Tallahassee PD fucking up left, right and center. Telling Winston/FSU the case was closed in February due to the victim no longer being interested in pursuing charges when the family was actually still waiting on blood alcohol levels until April. Telling the girl she should be careful pursuing charges because of it being a football town. Neat stuff like that. Behind all of that is it possible someone at FSU was pulling the strings? I guess. Just not likely since Jameis was far from the superstar he is now when this happened.

Where did you read that at? I am interested in seeing if that is actually true or not, seems very small to me if that is the average size of an NFL DB when WR's are getting bigger and bigger.

Again, I would not be surprised to see him drop out of the first round come draft day. Then again he could go top 10 if he puts up gawdy numbers at the combine. NFL teams base talent on 40 yard dashes sometimes (Oakland)

Roby will run a sub 4.4 at the combine. I don't know about his other tests but I'm pretty certain of that. He's definitely had a bit of a sloppy year but I still think he's awesome. Hopefully we see some more key PBU's against Indiana on Saturday like we saw basically every game last season.

Roby will run a sub 4.4 at the combine. I don't know about his other tests but I'm pretty certain of that. He's definitely had a bit of a sloppy year but I still think he's awesome. Hopefully we see some more key PBU's against Indiana on Saturday like we saw basically every game last season.

And like I said, most of the knocks on him are considered coachable.

It was an article I read about a year ago. If you do a quick google search it comes up with anywhere from 5'9-5'10 1/2.

I used to love ESPN back in the 1980s and 1990s. SportsCenter was this revolutionary, really awesome thing. And back then they had no clout or money so all they could show was NHL. But they seemed unbiased and just there to be into sports and report on sports and talk about it.

I can't say that I blame them for now being the way they are. I bet a lot of pretty smart people have gotten really rich from going the directions in which they've gone. Fuck, like you said, they basically control NCAAF - like, literally, there's this scheduling czar guy from ESPN that all the AD's have to kiss ass with or be exiled. So, while I get it from a capitalism perspective - hey, if you can make a buck, I'm not going to hate on you for it - but, from a fan perspective, I despite was ESPN has become.

After the clusterfuck of a broadcast I saw last weekend, I will not support them anymore. Between the vile bullshit Mark May was vomiting everywhere, and Brian Greeseball's stupid talk, I'm done.

I will support Fox and CBS with their new channels and miss out before I give ESPN a single view again...

Fuck the SEC, this kid almost definitely raped that girl and needs to be suspended at least, it's fair to her and her family, as well as to Collegiate football. This, and the Manziel thing are complete BS favoring the SEC.

http://oldgoldandblack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ACCwithSchoolLogos.jpg

I called it in the first College Football thread, and I'm sticking to my guns. The B1G will end up with 18 or 20 teams. UNC, FSU, GT, and probably VT will be among them. Also, within 4 years, the NCAA will not longer be the governing body for major college football.

UNC, FSU, GT, and probably VT

I think FSU and GT are SEC bound if that happens. I could see VT and UNC. I just don't see how FSU or GT fits into the B1G at all. Hell, the SEC holds their championship game in the city where GT is based!

Right now, with Fox supposedly trying to push it behind the scenes, I see Oklahoma/Texas joining before teams like FSU, VT or UNC. Virginia is another likely one (and another Rutgers/Maryland-caliber addition unfortunately). Talk about all that has died down but the last stuff I was aware of was Texas/Oklahoma. UNC was looking like SEC last time I was paying much attention. Talk should ramp up again before 2016 when the B1G's contract with ESPN is up.

I think FSU and GT are SEC bound if that happens. I could see VT and UNC. I just don't see how FSU or GT fits into the B1G at all. Hell, the SEC holds their championship game in the city where GT is based!

I know, I get that argument, I really do. Especially considering that FSU is HARDLY going to live up to current B1G academic standards, but I'm telling you, this is just how it is going to go down. I'm not Nostradamus, but given all I have ready and see, I am thinking we will end up with four big conferences. B1G, SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12. The ACC and Big East/AAC are going to end up folded into the other conferences. The geographical logic would be that those schools south of the Mason/Dixon line would end up in the SEC, but we have already seen that geographical logic is tossed straight out the window when the dollabills start falling. Honestly, I think that Texas would be a better fit, but Texas will not let the Big 12 die (and they won't give up the Longhorn network to join the B1G network. This would be like a Notre Dame situation), and they will push for it to scoop up as many of the Mountain west teams as it can. I am not as familiar with the situations of the other conferences, as most of my focus is on the B1G.

It KILLS me that we didn't get Texas A&M and Mizzou. Dammit.

I called it in the first College Football thread, and I'm sticking to my guns. The B1G will end up with 18 or 20 teams. UNC, FSU, GT, and probably VT will be among them. Also, within 4 years, the NCAA will not longer be the governing body for major college football.

You mean ES(EC)PN isn't already the governing body of college football? Could have fooled me.

You mean ES(EC)PN isn't already the governing body of college football? Could have fooled me.

Practically, yes, but I meant from an official standpoint. This realignment would be something ESPN would probably push for, as they could bid on the whole shebang at that point, not just the SEC.

I know, I get that argument, I really do. Especially considering that FSU is HARDLY going to live up to current B1G academic standards, but I'm telling you, this is just how it is going to go down. I'm not Nostradamus, but given all I have ready and see, I am thinking we will end up with four big conferences. B1G, SEC, Big 12, and Pac 12. The ACC and Big East/AAC are going to end up folded into the other conferences. The geographical logic would be that those schools south of the Mason/Dixon line would end up in the SEC, but we have already seen that geographical logic is tossed straight out the window when the dollabills start falling. Honestly, I think that Texas would be a better fit, but Texas will not let the Big 12 die (and they won't give up the Longhorn network to join the B1G network. This would be like a Notre Dame situation), and they will push for it to scoop up as many of the Mountain west teams as it can. I am not as familiar with the situations of the other conferences, as most of my focus is on the B1G.

It KILLS me that we didn't get Texas A&M and Mizzou. Dammit.

I just think that FSU, Clemson, UNC and GT are the first 4 that the SEC goes after. I don't think any of those teams would turn down the SEC for the B1G, especially FSU, Clemson, and GT.

When all the talk about super expansion was going down, never once did I read anything indicating FSU to the B10. I did read about them to the SEC though.

They, Clemson and GT are natural fits in the SEC. I think people forget that the culture of the deep south football is very very different than B1G culture.

When all the talk about super expansion was going down, never once did I read anything indicating FSU to the B10. I did read about them to the SEC though.

I had heard maybe close to 2 years ago that there was some talk of them coming, just rumors. I think it was them and a couple other ACC teams (UNC/VA/VATECH), but then the whole UNC/VA/VATECH rumors had more meat to them and the Florida State rumor died down.