College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see if I can go 3 weeks in a row with upset picks (I picked the Bama and Baylor upsets for those not keeping track) haha.

LSU over Ole Miss

I almost took Texas over KSU, but I just couldn't pull the trigger

Incase you missed it haha.

OSU is playing a lot like the Va Tech game, thankfully Penn States offense is a lot worse than Va Tech's was. If OSU can get out of there with a win I will be happy

My Cousin and I's convo after the game...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/lhiannonshee/tempFileForShare_zps58270816.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/lhiannonshee/Screenshots_2014-10-25-23-22-21_zpscd786737.png

If you give Bosa a 3 yard head start, there isn't and RB on the planet that is blocking him.

Bosa was tired of the crap. I am willing to bet they gave Barrett a pain shot on the sideline for OT. Either way, his leadership was impressive for a Freshman in a hostile environment in the OT

Yeah, they said his knee was bothering him and it showed. He ran 13-14 times in the first half and only 1-2 times in the 2nd then ran several times in OT for the win. Obviously didn't have the numbers we'd become accustomed too tonight but still pulled out a tough one on the road against, statistically, the best defense in the conference.

And I called the Ole Miss game too! I guaranteed my A&M friend as a form of comfort that they would lose one of their next two games after beating A&M. That game probably should have gone to OT though. They fucked up royally by not sending the FG unit out until there was 15 seconds left on the play clock resulting in a delay of game then the decision to go for the win instead of a 47 yard FG.

So who here honestly thinks OSU can beat MSU?

Depends on which team shows up. Is it a home game? College is such a game of momentum. Get a young qb with confidence, and a head of steam, sure, I think we "can" win. Msu has the better team. Any big ten team is beatable on any given night.

It's a night game in East Lansing. Last night PSU kinda went VT on OSU and confused the fuck out of the blockers and Barrett. Combined with the difficulty to hear and a really conservative game plan, it allowed PSU to just hang around until JT made a mistake.

East Lansing isn't nearly as loud as Happy Valley. But their defense is probably slightly better than PSU's and their offense is A LOT better. Lots of work to do in 2 weeks but it's always nice to have a lot of motivation and lessons to be learned from tape when you still got out with a W.

Tom Herman needs to be shown the door, this dude shits the bed every time OSU is on primetime (Michigan State, Clemson, Va Tech, Penn State). Even Urban made a comment going in to halftime that they were playing too conservative, guess what happened? Double OT after blowing a 17 point lead happened. I have not been impressed by Herman the entire time he has been here, I don't care how many points OSU puts up a game, they are playing scrub teams, they had better put up 50 a game.

I was talking to my buddy during the 1st half and he made the comment "I hope Barrett doesn't get hurt running all those qb draws", low and behold he gets injured. At some point the running qb shit has got to stop, there is running backs on the team for a reason. Also I hate the wildcat, it was creative 10 years ago when the Dolphins busted it out or whoever it was. Today it does nothing unless you use the running back/wr to actually throw the ball to surprise the defense.

Oh yeah LOL at the polls once again, Ole' Miss loses and drops 4 spots in the AP and 6 in the coaches. MSU thumps Michigan and stays put, Aurburn barely beats a bad SC team and jumps 2 spots in the coaches.

Let me check the schedule this week and i'll give you my picks and see if I can go 4/4 on upsets