College Football Thread v8.0

bicranium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Q&A I saw of Mel Kiper

"How are the quarterbacks looking for 2016? I saw where you said there is no franchise type for 2015. Thank you.

Mel Kiper

(2:15 PM)

Cardale Jones is the interesting guy. He is a third-year sophomore this year, so he's draft eligible, but I doubt he'll come out. Jones is the best pro prospect on Ohio State and has the best arm out of anyone in college football. Connor Cook will definitely be one of the top guys. Cody Kessler is another."

Can you imagine if say Braxton, Barrett and Jones all leave after next year. OSU puts 3 QB's in the NFL...in the same draft class. Imagine what that could do for recruiting and or national perception haha

Going back to Zachs post about Texas landing a couple stud recruits, today was a good day for the big12 all together. Oklahoma landed 5* Ricky DeBerry who was high on OSU at one point and Baylor landed a 5* QB. Texas is also in on a 5* DT apparently, now that Malik committed there. As we have talked about previously, there's no excuse for Texas not to have a top 5 class every year, the talent in that state alone is insane.

Little Q&A I saw of Mel Kiper

"How are the quarterbacks looking for 2016? I saw where you said there is no franchise type for 2015. Thank you.

Mel Kiper

(2:15 PM)

Cardale Jones is the interesting guy. He is a third-year sophomore this year, so he's draft eligible, but I doubt he'll come out. Jones is the best pro prospect on Ohio State and has the best arm out of anyone in college football. Connor Cook will definitely be one of the top guys. Cody Kessler is another."

Can you imagine if say Braxton, Barrett and Jones all leave after next year. OSU puts 3 QB's in the NFL...in the same draft class. Imagine what that could do for recruiting and or national perception haha

Going back to Zachs post about Texas landing a couple stud recruits, today was a good day for the big12 all together. Oklahoma landed 5* Ricky DeBerry who was high on OSU at one point and Baylor landed a 5* QB. Texas is also in on a 5* DT apparently, now that Malik committed there. As we have talked about previously, there's no excuse for Texas not to have a top 5 class every year, the talent in that state alone is insane.

I'd rather Ohio State put a QB high in the draft for three consecutive years as opposed to all in the same class - I think that would do even more for the perception of Ohio State.

I am talking on name alone they would've gotten in. Honestly I feel the Big12 got left out because of who they had at the top. Had that been a tie between say 11-1 Texas and Oklahoma, one of them would've gotten in over Ohio State. Maybe there is some merit to what TCU's coach was saying, I just think he came off as a cry baby about it.

I know you meant on name alone. Not sure you'd be right. There are several teams that have brand name appeal like Texas, and Ohio State is one of them. I don't see - all things being equal - Ohio State getting dumped for Texas just on name recognition. I think Ohio State's name brand helped land them that fourth spot.

Patterson won coach of the year, not sure if you guys saw that. That's the second time he's won it.

Of course, I think the coach of the year awards are kind of dumb. They never really go to the best coach, they go to the coach who overachieved or was successful when we didn't think they would be.

I know you meant on name alone. Not sure you'd be right. There are several teams that have brand name appeal like Texas, and Ohio State is one of them. I don't see - all things being equal - Ohio State getting dumped for Texas just on name recognition. I think Ohio State's name brand helped land them that fourth spot.

Ohio States name brand helped them jump ahead of TCU and Baylor, Texas's name brand is even keel with Ohio States. That's why I don't believe OSU would have jumped Texas if they were in a situation like this years. Oh well, we're in and that's all that matters now haha

The coaching awards are a joke, much like just about every other award handed out in sports, from college to pro, the awards are a joke.

Ohio States name brand helped them jump ahead of TCU and Baylor, Texas's name brand is even keel with Ohio States. That's why I don't believe OSU would have jumped Texas if they were in a situation like this years. Oh well, we're in and that's all that matters now haha

The coaching awards are a joke, much like just about every other award handed out in sports, from college to pro, the awards are a joke.

If it were Texas instead of TCU and their resumes were the exact same versus Ohio States resume, Ohio State SHOULD get in. Head to head Ohio State has a better resume than Baylor and TCU.

90% of coaches polled said OSU has no chance of beating Bama in the sugar bowl.

90% of coaches in America don't watch college football..Urban Meyer said on the Dan Patrick show that he didn't watch TCU or Baylor play this year. Said he doesn't get to watch college football outside of game tape.

OK, I'm a Buckeye fan, and even *I* think that the "Your wife told you to say that" shit is played out. Be original, CR. You're making yourself look bad.

You can't use big words or complex ideas when speaking to bamma bandwagon fans, it goes over their head and below their knees.

Know your audience...