What did you spend your stimulus $ on?

Franchi

Just to pass time, thought it be interesting to see what people have spent or planning on spending their stimulus money on? Not everybody qualified obviously but most did.

I want to live vicariously through others as I went the middle age route and invested mine in mutual funds the same day it arrived. Market like this, everything is on sale! I was really tempted to replace some of my shitty brand woodwork tools with non shitty brands though...

How about you?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on ours. Apparently having my bank info to pull the money we owed for 2019 out successfully three days before the stimulus isn't good enough. I had had to go on the website and re-enter my direct deposit info.

How about just surviving because some of us are actually effected by this bullshit and have families to take care of.

Occupation sure does check out... :lolguy:

Hang in there buddy... I will be doing the same straight to the bank account and will be used for bills as needed.

We're gonna be alright, we lost everything in the last bubble and it's very frustrating to have climbed out of that whole only to be told your out of business.

We have hardened our selves against loses this time by being in a very low cost of living situation but still. I'm still fighting an incurable illness and trying to build my lifelong dream of operating a business.

But hey in keeping with the thread topic, if I get it out of this with my life in tact I'll use the money to buy stuff for the nice pole building I was in the middle of building.

I was going to try and buy a golf cart anyway, but I guess you could say I’ll be spending it on that / banking it. Then, it may get purposefully spent once things seem “safer”.

I’ve “made” a chunk of change not having to pay for daycare, gas, and eating out with this whole thing. However, it’s always in the back of my mind more stuff can and very well may hit the fan before this calms down any.

Have not received mine yet. Not sure why.

Either you are more well off than gets a check, you haven’t filed taxes recently with a return, or you need to give more info. They supposedly won’t just go ahead and deposit unless you give permission. In most cases that permission to deposit is same as when you give it to deposit a tax refund

That’s my take on it.

We aren't going to see a dime of it, but I would have loved to use it on the shop I'm building. Maybe some concrete, a lift, or interior wall covering.

I'm glad it'll be helping a lot of people that need it, but damnit this is America, more income = more bills. We make good money and do a decent job trying to live within our means, but we have some large bills that count on that income as well.

The amount we paid in taxes last year about gives me a hard attack. Would have been nice to get a chunk back, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Putting my kid’s share into her 529.

Putting back the money we took out of savings for a new water tank.

Getting new tires for the wife’s car.

New vanity for basement bathroom.

Save whatever is left for our upstairs bathroom remodel.

Edited by Fiji ST

I got all terrain tires for my Buick wagon. Then the rest probably will be on standby to help support my parents if they need it. Dad is a barber and has been out of work and not eligible for unemployment due to him being self employed

All of this stuff was on the 'needs done' list before all this hit, just waiting for clarity on wifey's teaching position for next year (she's one of only two tenured in the department, but the program is being massively scaled back, so....)

- Water heater replacement

- Deck plank replacement

- Siding replacement and sidewall rehab/upgrade (lots of holes for mice and other small critters to sneak in near the foundation, no vapor barrier, maybe some foam board insulation)

- Gutter and fascia board repair/cleaning, possible downspout collapse/replacement

- At least one, maybe two new computer builds

- Handing the lawn over to a landscaping company to handle weed'n'feed duty