What's your specialty?

SchmuckGirl

this is far from fancy or Home made but excellent. if you've ever had Denny's Swiss steak, tastes just like it.

--ground beef, or chuck

--1 onion

1 sm. pkg. fresh button mushrooms

sliced swiss cheese

McCormick brown gravy mix

fry burger patties like you usually would, sautee sliced mushrooms and onions in olive oil until they just begin to caramelize

top patties with sliced swiss cheese amd melt(provolone works well too)

prepare gravy mix according to package directions. top patties and cheese with mushrooms and onions and smother the whole thing with gravy.

there is no measuring, so you don't have to calculate anything according to how many you're serving. excellent with homemade mashed potatoes and Broccoli .

I don't do much cooking other than stuff that comes out of a bag or box and goes directly into the microwave but Sara can rock in the kitchen!

She makes a killer lasagna with sausage or something in it that which is absolutely amazing! Actually everything she makes is amazing and most of it she does from scratch. I wouldn't even know where to start... :confused:

I'll be sure to show her this thread

Yeah, I usually prefer to make from scratch, unless it's been a really long day at work!

I think my problem right now is that I don't want to run the oven!

This one's easy and doesn't require any heat:

ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD WITH CRUNCHY

NOODLES

1 lg. head finely shredded cabbage (about 12 c.)

4 whole green onions, thinly sliced

3-4 c. cooked chicken, shredded (one of the roast chickens at the grocery works well)

2 tbsp. sugar

1/4 c. white vinegar

1/3 c. salad oil

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 pkg. Top Ramen (chicken flavor)

1/3 c. slivered almonds, toasted

In a large salad bowl, combine cabbage, green onions, and chicken. In a small bowl combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, pepper and flavor packet from Top Ramen package, stir until dissolved. Pour over cabbage and toss lightly, cover and chill. Just before serving, crumble the dry noodles from soup mix into the salad. Sprinkle almonds on top and serve

Edited by SchmuckGirl

Here's one of shitty's favorite meals that I make. It's easy, delicious, and low-ish in calories:

Bubble Up Enchiladas

1 lb. extra lean ground beef

1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

1 packet taco seasoning

1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits (the buttery ones are best)

1 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef & drain, add taco seasoning per packet directions. Mix in can of enchilada sauce. Cut biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Dump it all in a greased 9 x 13 casserole and bake for 25 mins. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additonal 10 mins. Let stand for 5 mins before serving. Serves 8 but is really good as leftovers.

Not "healthy" or even CLOSE to quick, but I make a killer cheesecake! It's a slightly modified version of the top rated cheesecake on allrecipes.com (called "chantel's cheesecake" or something like that)I'll try to remember to post the recipe later, not enough time now, headed out for a ride soon. I'll also have to post up my spicy sloppy joe recipe. It's not for whimps, though!

I'll have my wife chime in also. Her thing over the past few months has been trying all new stuff out of the many cookbooks that she has. There haven't been many that weren't good, at least for me. The kids think otherwise!

• 1 month later...
Here's one of shitty's favorite meals that I make. It's easy, delicious, and low-ish in calories:

Bubble Up Enchiladas

1 lb. extra lean ground beef

1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

1 packet taco seasoning

1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits (the buttery ones are best)

1 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef & drain, add taco seasoning per packet directions. Mix in can of enchilada sauce. Cut biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Dump it all in a greased 9 x 13 casserole and bake for 25 mins. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additonal 10 mins. Let stand for 5 mins before serving. Serves 8 but is really good as leftovers.

I just made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious, inexpensive, quick and Mike loved it!

There no Indian food here...i'm gonna have to fix that...

Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Serve with rice or warm pita bread.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup yogurt

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

4 teaspoons salt, or to taste

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces

4 long skewers

1 tablespoon butter

1 clove garlic, minced

1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped

2 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons paprika

3 teaspoons salt, or to taste

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat a grill for high heat.

Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.

Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.

Yea I know its now easy but omg is it delicious!!

this thread is making my mouth water.. ok my latest fav is a by product of a pulled-pork bbq quesadilla from Benny's ..... but i use the rotisserie chicken from walmart deli instead at home:

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla:

What you need:

george forman grille

provolone cheese shredded or sliced

your fav bbq sauce

walmart or any deli rotisserie chicken, parted & chopped

large flour tortillas

how to prepare:

load one half of the tortilla with modest layers of chopped chicken, then squirt evenly the bbq sauce over chicken, finally top with the provolone (cheddar is fine too). Fold over other half -tortilla on top and carefullly move to forman grille. you can throw this on top of your reg. grille too if you control the heat on low (tortillas burn easy unless you are turning alot). turn over once till cheese is melted. cool for a minute and cut into three's.

yumm! everyone loves this... and its balanced and quick. the materials you buy for this meal can last a few days, hence its also good for the frugally minded or people looking to trim off the fat on their grocery bill. rotisserie chicken cost less than a raw whole chicken...about 5.00 in the deli. provolone slices are $2. large tortilllas are about $2.50. BBQ ranges of course...