Socially Awkward Engineers on Motorcycles

EvilTwin

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:plus1: I had no idea... what kind?

Mechanical. It is basically a useless piece of paper and a wasted four years to me, lol. I hate it. Went with it cause I was daddy's little princess and he paid for school and I always had the whole "have to please him" mentality instead of doing what I wanted. So now I just own my own business that has zero to do with engineering, lol:p

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/24/news/economy/highest_starting_salaries/index.htm?postversion=2009072404

saw this article and thought about this thread. interesting how almost all of the top 15 highest paying degrees are in engineering except comp sci at #5 and actuarial science at #12 (wtf is that?)

Actuarial science == advanced theoretical math for the insurance industry. Basically they almost get to make stuff up as they go along, since the stuff that they are doing is so bleeding-edge. Those guys are CRAZY smart.

Comp Sci at #5? I need to get some more bling... :)

Wait, what about doctors and lawyers who earn 6 figures +?

I would guess that there are too many lawyers, half make nothing. And doctors pay such high insurance, anyone else makes more.

Times change...

Apparently

what do the I and the P stand for?

Spelled out: E to the power of i (imaginary number) multiplied by pi (as in 3.14) = -1

Did I get that right? I can't look at the equation and type on the blackberry at the same time.

Spelled out: E to the power of i (imaginary number) multiplied by pi (as in 3.14) = -1

Did I get that right? I can't look at the equation and type on the blackberry at the same time.

Oh pi, you didn't use the little symbol and it's been almost a year since I took a math class... I feel like a retard now.