What do you do with your helmet?

viking_rider

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a cable lock through my jacket sleeve and through my helmet. Then that goes between my bar risers.

You can't really see the cable. So of someone snatches it the bike is going too.

i usually just say fuck it and leave it on if i'm running in somewhere quick like the gas station. gas station attendants get a little nervous when you are in a hurry though and run through the front door in full gear with a dark visor still down. then they realize you are just pre paying :lol:

To the theme from the commercial for "My Buddy & Kid Sister"

"My helmet. My helmet. Wherever I go iiitttttt goessss."

That will be all. Catch me at The Newport performing live tomorrow night.:D

If this gets stuck in my head all day, I officially hate you.

I usually lock mine.....most of the time, I have a coated cable with a small lock, and lock my coat, and helmet.

You can get coated cable from a hardware store, and the lock. (cheap)

Jurt make 2 loops on the cable, and get the lead things to hold the loops.

Then you can lock it around anything on the bike......

I leave it locked on the bike unless I go into a bar then I take it to pick up chicks jk. " I found that you dont even need a bike to pick up chicks you just need the helmet, I go into a bar and take my helmet and they ask "what kind of bike do you have?" I tell them a seabreeze" I take them outside and yell OMG my bike was stolen, take me back to your place and make love to me." Dane Cook

i usually just say fuck it and leave it on if i'm running in somewhere quick like the gas station. gas station attendants get a little nervous when you are in a hurry though and run through the front door in full gear with a dark visor still down. then they realize you are just pre paying :lol:

Just got my smoke shield today!

I had to stop at the gas station atm to get some money for my CCW application, REALLY shady area... walked in with helmet and gloves still on... I was a little surprised, noone seemed to freak out, it must take quite a bit to alarm people in downtown Akron nowadays.

I'll stick the helmet on top of the sissy bar if I''ll be able to see the bike. Fast food/tim hortons etc. I park the bike where I know I'll be able to see it.

If I'm out of sight of the bike then I take my helmet/gloves/jacket with me. I don't want to have to ride home without it. Murphy's Law: THAT is when I get in an accident.

What amuses me is all the bikers I see riding down the road with a helmet attached to the side of the bike, and nothing on their head...

I am new to biking and will always wear my helmet so that I don't die. :) I want to start riding my bike more to get me to places I actually need to go to rather than just joy riding but I was wondering, what do you do with your helmet when you get to your destination? Do you take it with you? Do you leave it at your bike? Do you lock it up?

I didn't spend a ton of money on my helmet but it is a nicer one I got a good deal on and wouldn't want to lose it. Just wondering what all of you do.

Thanks!

Get off the bike and hang it from my third leg.

If it's a quick stop where i can see it, I leave it on the seat. Quick stop where I can't see it, I'll carry it in. If its longer than 10 mins or so, I'll lock it to the bike. I dont have a $600 helmet so I'm not real worried about someone cutting the strap.

My helmet was only $40 so if someone wants it that badly, they can have it... I only take it with me if the weather is bad (rain, heat, etc)

I'm the same way. I don't like to lug it around. I use my seat lock through one of the D rings.

if someone really wants it, they will just cut the strap.

Then the helmet is not so safe because you can't strap it on... oh yeah, and a half helmet would fly off their head :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I carry my shit EVERYWHERE! People are idiots and jealous of other peoples' toys. There's probably more people out there that would want to fuck your shit up than people that actually want to steal your gear for personal use. Better to remove the temptation and take my gear with me.