Kiss your Hineygate goodbye, OSU says

jj1

these are some of the comments on the article that think claify it abit...

all I care about is losing another tailgate location

Sparky~

"This article is tangled up like a pile of linguine.

So let's try to understand this:

First, the article claims that Wendell's "bought" the property from Cooker Restaurant Corp. in 2005.

But the article also says that Wendell's was evicted by Ohio State. You can't be evicted if you own the property.

It then says that Wendell's planned a new lease with a group called BCS Ltd.

In trying to understand this - Ohio State must have been the property owner all along. They must have leased the property to Cooker, and subsequently Wendell's. So that would mean that Ohio State owed Franklin County $33,000 in property taxes - and OSU needed to recover that money from Wendell's as a condition of the lease.

So Wendell's then must have wanted to sub-lease the space to BCS Ltd., but since OSU put them in default of the lease, then game over.

Just makes you wonder about other articles you read... "

Reality TV~

"Sparky, you have no idea how right you are. This article was designed to make OSU look bad. Most of the facts are wrong. If you check with the court house you will find that "Thirsty I" sued the university because they could not pay their rent and wanted to stretch out the process. OSU did not start the eviction until after "Thirsty I" went after OSU, not the other way around.

If you actually new the facts of this case and see how it was reported you would really, really question what you hear, read or see on the news. "

probably sloppy reporting. "bought the property and liquor license" in 2005 probably means they purchased Cooker's lease, and liquor license.

As the comment points out, if OSU owned the property, they would have to be the ones selling it. I don't blame them for evicting a business that's late with its rent...

sucks to lose a good tailgate area, but it's not like there won't be other places to drink before the games...

Edited by redkow97
used the wrong 'its'

If this actually does come to past, they will cause a major issue! They started getting rid of the bars on Campus, because there was too much trouble. Well, now it seems as if they are just looking for another excuse to down scale the partying!! We have not heard about a bunch of trouble, no trash fires, or any of the major "B.S."! I think that they need to just let a sleeping dog lye. If the people do not have an output for their energy, I am sure that they will go back to the old negative ways!

If this actually does come to past, they will cause a major issue! They started getting rid of the bars on Campus, because there was too much trouble. Well, now it seems as if they are just looking for another excuse to down scale the partying!! We have not heard about a bunch of trouble, no trash fires, or any of the major "B.S."! I think that they need to just let a sleeping dog lye. If the people do not have an output for their energy, I am sure that they will go back to the old negative ways!

Exactly, when was the last full on drunken riot with flipped cars and burning couches flying thru the air?.... it think its bout damn time for 1 :rulez:

no but serisouly i do applaud OSU's efforts about cleaning up the campus game day image.... And I do honestly hope that this matter was truly about a bad tenant. I dont understand why OSU would shut down Heinygate, when they could just take it over... and be able to make some money to pay for the court time.. and any back taxes etc...

More than half of tailgators don't care about the game anyway. Lots of them are just fans because they feel they have to be while living in Ohio or Cbus. It makes them feel like they're a part of a group. Most of the real fans are in their seats or at home watching the whole game.

Just a little brutal honesty there.;)

they shut down the tailgates, then you're just gonna have all the partying in the yards at the houses. Shit look at what goes on out in the lots on campus property... you "can't drink", i mean they could actually enforce that sometime