Meetings and Events... What's your input?

Casper

I've been thinking about consolidating the meetings and events section down into just one forum. I think this would be a good idea because most everyone on here goes somewhere else for events anyways. Take the covered bridge ride and the waterfalls ride as example. They were in NE Ohio, but people from all over went. And people from all over the state go on Fonzie's rides. It really isn't separated, so I don't think the meetings and events should be either. What do you all think?

Probably whatever is easiest for you guys to manage in my eyes. I basically just hit new posts and end up reading most of everything anyway. It takes about all of 10secs to figure out where the ride is happening if its not already in the subject

Probably whatever is easiest for you guys to manage in my eyes. I basically just hit new posts and end up reading most of everything anyway. It takes about all of 10secs to figure out where the ride is happening if its not already in the subject

That's the other thing I've been noticing as well. Hardly anybody actually goes into the forums. Most just click on links in new posts or off the front page.

We could free up a lot of real estate on the forum listing if we just get rid of the regional forums and make one meetings and events forum.

I think it is helpfull to know where in the state said event is being held... quicker to see if there is something in your area.

If you combine would there be sub-forums for each area? (like in Off-Topic)

I think it is helpfull to know where in the state said event is being held... quicker to see if there is something in your area.

If you combine would there be sub-forums for each area? (like in Off-Topic)

Ahh... here is where my mad scientist idea comes in that I can't tell you everything about..... but all of the thread titles in the new meetings and events forum would be like:

Blah blah blah bike night: (Central Ohio): 10-21-2012

Blah blah blah bike night: (Northeastern Ohio): 10-21-2012

Blah blah blah bike night: (Southwestern Ohio): 10-21-2012

Blah blah blah bike night: (Not in Ohio): 10-21-2012

Etc..........

Ahh... here is where my mad scientist idea comes in that I can't tell you everything about..... but all of the thread titles in the new meetings and events forum would be like:Blah blah blah bike night: (Central Ohio): 10-21-2012

Etc..........

uhh.. what?

*shrug* I'm indifferent, but if you move everything together please enforce the title requirements. I know I click from the New Posts but I look to see what forum it is in too.

:plus1:

Most of the time here recently, I've been just hitting th efront page for new threads, but when there are a lot of rides being organized, I tend to go to the region page to see what's up, and what rides I'm not going on. Maybe next year I'll get out to more rides.

Anyway, as long as there's a location in the title, I'm cool with it.

Ahh... here is where my mad scientist idea comes in that I can't tell you everything about..... but all of the thread titles in the new meetings and events forum would be like:

Blah blah blah bike night: (Central Ohio): 10-21-2012

Etc..........

as long as the location is in the title i say break it down to one forum