Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

I rarely get a refund. I don't like getting a refund. Getting a return means I loaned my money to the Feds for zero interest. That burns my buns.

I think its sad that there are few people that actually realize this. They feel.like a tax return is a gift from the government :nono:

Lyndse was taught in an economics course to overpay the government so you always get a refund.

A college level economics course.

Fucking lunacy.

At a REAL college? Or a community college, or state school? That sure ain't what I learned at my private one... but I suppose when everyone is there for engineering and business -- it really didn't have the libarts twinge to it. :dunno:

At a REAL college? Or a community college, or state school? That sure ain't what I learned at my private one... but I suppose when everyone is there for engineering and business -- it really didn't have the libarts twinge to it. :dunno:

I don't believe it

Trying to decide if plastic gears are a smart way to induce a cheap failure mode, or if I'm reading too much into the design of a garage door opener and its just plain cheap. It looks like a blizzard on the inside of the opener...

This'll be on my plate once parts are here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1347192/lifter/liftmaster_repair.html

Trying to decide if plastic gears are a smart way to induce a cheap failure mode, or if I'm reading too much into the design of a garage door opener and its just plain cheap. It looks like a blizzard on the inside of the opener...

This'll be on my plate once parts are here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1347192/lifter/liftmaster_repair.html

wat

The plastic drive gear has made pretty plastic snowflakes inside the opener and my garage door no longer works. I need a new gear. I was just contemplating what the failure mode would be if the gears were metal? More expensive I'd assume since I'd likely be replacing a burnt out motor instead of $30 in plastic gears. Intentional design feature or 'value eningeering'? Hmmmm