Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

My sister informed me that she rolled $10k in negative equity from her previous car into her TWO new car loans. Yep.. she financed ~$50' date='000 in automobiles the other day. I want to drive to Florida and punch her in the mouth.[/quote']

Uhhh... :facepalm: What else can be said? Ugh...

My sister informed me that she rolled $10k in negative equity from her previous car into her TWO new car loans. Yep.. she financed ~$50' date='000 in automobiles the other day. I want to drive to Florida and punch her in the mouth.[/quote']

:wtf::eek::confused:

It's ok, Americuh!! #1!!

• Upvote 1

Holy phucking bat$hit! Microsoft's updates just rebooted my machine. I clicked on the postpone for 4 hours so I could finish some inconsequential crap....just upgrading systems from Oracle 10g, to 11g, documenting that process, adjusting backups for 3 other servers, and troubleshooting application issues within 4 other databases....nothing important....just worked thru lunch to get this $hit done.....had more than 25 unix sessions setup and configured for the processes that needed secure x-win connections.....6 different pages of documentation open....18 tabs on Google Chrome....6 on IE(oracle support only works in IE)....

I have requested the Updates be performed off hours on my machine, and even when I select to postpone until the end of the day, when I go to take a piss, my PC is rebooted.

THAT'S IT! I'm just going to post Pr0n on OR for the rest of the damn day!

yeah....I save my Pr0n links more frequently than my work documentation.....a dude has to have his priorities straight!

I typed "motocross" in a job seach engine for the hell of it and found this:

"The group is seeking a fellowship trained orthopaedic trauma surgeon to cover a growing number of trauma cases. A nearby NASCAR speedway and two motocross tracks have contributed to the increase in trauma cases."

why do women approve of Valentines Day but don't approve of stripping...its the same principle. Showing your "love" of a chick with a gift to get laid VS showing your infatuation for a chick with dollar bill gifts for bewbs

• Upvote 1

So I had gotten a bingo lottery ticket at Christmas. I won $3 from it and just got around to turning it in the other day. I opted to get another one for $3. I won $9 on it. Went back and changed it up for a $5 ticket and two $2 tickets. I won nothing from those. :(

:rant:

If someone is hired as an experienced Oracle DBA, you'd think they would have (at some point in their career) used the software called, runInstaller.

This may be a cryptic way of hiding the meaning of what the script does, but believe it or not, this script actually installs Oracle software! :eek:

My installation instructions were written with the following assumptions:

1) you have been a DBA at some point in your career.

2) you do not have a Cranial-Rectal Infarction.

3) you have magically found that elusive creature referred to as "A-Clue".

:wtf:

In the time it has taken to walk these other "professional" DBAs through the mystical land of "Installing 11g Database Software", I could have had it installed on all 8 of our database servers.

No wonder I drink so damn much:drink:, and surf so much Pr0n:leghump:.

:rant: