Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

The plastic drive gear has made pretty plastic snowflakes inside the opener and my garage door no longer works. I need a new gear. I was just contemplating what the failure mode would be if the gears were metal? More expensive I'd assume since I'd likely be replacing a burnt out motor instead of $30 in plastic gears. Intentional design feature or 'value eningeering'? Hmmmm

How old is it? I'm gonna guess that it's past the end of it's life expectancy. Just be thankful that you can get parts for it! Most of that stuff is just "throw away" grade.

How old is it? I'm gonna guess that it's past the end of it's life expectancy. Just be thankful that you can get parts for it! Most of that stuff is just "throw away" grade.

04/00 is what's coded on the sticker, so it's got almost a decade of use. $30 every decade isn't too horrible a maintenace cost I suppose.

Champs Philly Cheese..It sucked ass :nono:

hmm never had their philly cheese. Its hard to find a good philly cheese steak than I've had from Penn Station. Philadelphia not included because I've never had a fresh one. My old roommate did smuggle me back one when he went there last year. Thing was ridiculously good1

http://morningjournal.com/articles/2011/01/25/news/doc4d3e53a10d2c2069418973.txt

Don't know if any of you have been following this or heard about it but let me tell you how happy I am that the gas company for the first time in 20 years did not call us to fix this mess. Due to other circumstances we aren't doing nearly as much for them anymore and we had been their primary emergency contractor but not any more

I am extremely relieved because this is going to be a bigger mess than it is worth dealing with and the gas company is more than likely going to be in a garbage dump sized pile of shit.

I do feel bad for the residents though because they are forced to deal with one of the other contractors who are most notably known for their slow pace and lack of attention to detail which is what caused this mess in the first place

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2181635042.html

I have a great bike with really low miles. The odometer shows 6553 miles right now. I got the bike last May with 2560 miles. It has the best tires you can buy on it, Michelin Power Pilot 2CT tires on it. I bought them last year at Rick Roush Motorsports in Medina for $600.
:eek:

I start at the new place on Monday. It's in Richfield. I'm in Ravenna. The Valley separates the two destinations. I only work until 3:30. I will be tearing through Conti-Attacks like a fracking maniac this season.

ohh you're gonna be in my neck of the woods, where at in Richfield?

i feel ya. I'm hoping to log enough mileage where the VFR needs new tires by the end of the year

hard to believe today is the 25th anniversary of the space shuttle disaster. remember it quite well and all the horrible jokes that insued, like: what were Christa McAuliffe's last words ? "what does this button do." or, what does NASA stand for ? Need Another Seven Astronauts.

Challenger Disaster, 25 Years Later: The Five Most Chilling Moments

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/01/challenger_25_years_ago.php

hard to believe today is the 25th anniversary of the space shuttle disaster. remember it quite well and all the horrible jokes that insued, like: what were Christa McAuliffe's last words ? "what does this button do." or, what does NASA stand for ? Need Another Seven Astronauts.

Why does ground control at NASA drink pepsi and coke? They couldn't get seven up.

It was a very sad day, indeed. A teacher from our district was one of the finalists, and may have been a backup, or something like that, to get to go. I think I was 12 at the time, and I remember even then how sad it was.