What did you wrench on your bike today?

modular

Today, I installed a 14 tooth front sprocket (down from 15), and a brandy new RK o-ring chain. Nice difference in pick-up but gotta watch the down-shifting:). Also re-did the tail with a nice 4" Lucas light in place of the Hubble sized stocker.

Edited by modular

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my mom dropped my gs750 yesterday (wife and mom both learning, both dropping bikes, long day) and busted my rear cowl, I decided to chop it rather than replace a 33-year-old hunk of plastic. So I spent most of the night and part of this morning measuring, drilling, hacksawing, and wiring to basically end the bike right at the end of the seat. Looks cool, but I have to wait for the new handlebars I ordered to post before/ after pics.

I painted the subframe from last weeks chop/cut/weld/rebuild action. Also toched up a fer rough spots with my hella shitty rattlecan skillz. Tried to tidy up some wiring but pretty much looked the same a couple hours later. Was about to plug the PCIII in but was losing light and the tank was full so no dice.

So I spent most of the night and part of this morning measuring, drilling, hacksawing, and wiring to basically end the bike right at the end of the seat.

Did it end up like this?

P3171996.jpg

I added my windshield bag, replaced the horn with a real loud one and I changed the air in both tires. Changing the air is not something I would normally do but I was putting Dyna-Beads inside both of them so it kind of worked out that way. Oh, and I rotated both valve stems 90 degrees because some genius at the factory thought it would be a good idea to have them point to the low side.

Did all the major work a month ago.

Did it end up like this?

P3171996.jpg

More or less. Mine's all flat-blacked, but I got some of the idea on how to do it from your intro thread a few weeks back. Mine definitely looked a little funny with the long rear cowl and saddlebags, but I think it'll be alright once I'm finished. Handlebars should be arriving in a few days, then just need to swap for some less goofy-looking mirrors and black out those now-uncovered shiny rear shocks.