Whats your favorite beer?

r6allstar

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard of Caffrey's?

It's about half way between Killians & Guinness. It's good stuff. Hard ti find over here though.

Also Strongbow Cider (not just apple juice). I know they have it at Kroger in cans, not cheap though.

what's it like drinking your warm beer?

Have a buddy pee in your mouth. Yeah, I'm sure that's what it's like.

I remember when I was like 15. My cousin and I would hide our beer along the road in the ditch and we'd go and dig it out of the weeds to drink when we were out of the house. It was like 100degree beer from all day in the summer sun! NASTY! But we didn't care, because we was teenagers.:cheers:

what's it like drinking your warm beer? Everyone talks about how great England and Europe are, but I like to drink it cold!

Well, I lived there for 25 years & drank there for about 9 of them & the only time I ever had warm beer was when I had been sitting outside with a beer for to long. I have heard that to but I have no idea where it came from. Some people drink some of the Ale's & Stout's at room temp but not many & not beer.

most everything great lakes is primo. edmund fitzgerald is by far my fav. you gotta appreciate the local brews cause when you leave you dont see them ever. columbus brewing winter warmer was also fantastic if you like spice beers. sam adams old fezziwig ale is awesome as well. im also going to have to cast another vote for anything samuel smith. and unibroue is pretty good (9% alc/vol) if you can find it. its made by the french canadians, but hey youll forget about that before you finish your first bottle.

Dont know how great of an idea it is to have that sitting in front of a heater.. great beer though.. also one of my favorites, nice rich cinnamon flavor... have you tried the Christmas Ale at Barley's Smokehouse?

Well, it's radiant heat so there's no fan... Plus it has been warm and the beer is no longer there. I happened to show up at Jungle Jim's the day they got 30 cases in, three were for a friend though.

Where is Barley's Smokehouse at, Columbus?

Well, it's radiant heat so there's no fan... Plus it has been warm and the beer is no longer there. I happened to show up at Jungle Jim's the day they got 30 cases in, three were for a friend though.

Where is Barley's Smokehouse at, Columbus?

Barleys Smokehouse

1130 Dublin Rd, Columbus, OH

(614) 485-0227

-and-

Barley's Brewing Co

467 N High St, Columbus, OH

(614) 228-2537

I like the one on Dublin Rd because it usually isnt as busy and its easier to get a drink. They have some good eats too!

http://www.barleysbrewing.com/

Unibroue is by far some of the best beer in the world... yea its made in canadia, (mircobrew) If you ever see Unibroue Modite (pronounced Moedee) get one. Its one of only a few RED ales in the world. Very tasty. Little Bar on High street usually has some. Good Shit!

Unibroue is by far some of the best beer in the world... yea its made in canadia, (mircobrew) If you ever see Unibroue Modite (pronounced Moedee) get one. Its one of only a few RED ales in the world. Very tasty. Little Bar on High street usually has some. Good Shit!

unibrow??? :moo:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a subject near & dear to me. I really can't just name one beer as a favorite, I like so many I'll go by favorite in each style.

Pale Ale - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, the one by which all others are measured

IPA - Dogfish Head 90Minute IPA, the perfect malt/hop balance for the style

Porter - Great Lakes Ed Fitzgerald, the best porter I've ever had

Stout - SN Stout, great anytime

Oatmeal Stout - Samuel Smith

Imperial Stout - Thirsty Dog Siberian Night, 9%, complex and smooth

Brown Ale - Brooklyn Brown, I love the biscuit malt in this

Scottish Wee Heavy - Skull Splitter, malty

Dopplebock - Salvator, another malty one

Pilsner- Urquell, the original is still the best, Miller is a laughable attempt at the style

Wit - Hoeegarten, yummy

Smithwicks:cheers::drink:

Any Irish pub in c-bus should have it .....dark heavy ..taste good warm to!!

+1 on that.

its hard for me to pick a "favorite" beer...

others that i like include

yuengling lager

newcastle

pbr

old milwaukee