Whats your favorite beer?

r6allstar

Eric, you should've went on the Jim Beam distillery trip last year with a group of us. We had Cleveland, Coshocton, Lima, Findlay, Dayton, Cbus, all with us. It was a fun time.

I should have! I don't know what the hell I was doing then. :confused:

Edit: I was probably still bitching about my bike being stolen.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I really wanted a few beers last night but I was with the family so I had to settle for a margarita at Chipotle. Actually 'settle' is a bad word, their margs are yummy!

Jagr, I had that Jeremiah Red when we were all at BJs the other day and it was really good. You'll have to try it next time you go there.....

I didn't even know Chipotle had margaritas... I think it may be my favorite 'restaurant' now.

I'm finishing off a Stella Artois that's been in my fridge for ages... how long until beer isn't good anymore??

Light and/or heat will skunk out beer. 12 months in the refrigerator is about the max. Having said that, I've found old beer older than that and drank it anyway.

Wine don't last either. Best to drink that wine up right away. Particularly if it's been opened.

Light and/or heat will skunk out beer. 12 months in the refrigerator is about the max. Having said that, I've found old beer older than that and drank it anyway.

Wine don't last either. Best to drink that wine up right away. Particularly if it's been opened.

I thought wine was better old?

I thought wine was better old?

Yes, if it's "special" and meant to be aged, and aged in the appropriate cool dark wine cellar. That's expensive wine. Nobody buys that. Everything else, basic drinking wine, needs to be... drunk up. Mostly because it won't improve much with aging. And low cost wines often actually taste better when fresh and young. Same rules, temperatures below 70F, and better if 50-60F. No light, that's bad. And wines with real corks need like 55% humidity to prevent the cork from drying out. But no real time limit. And don't forget that wine stored for aging needs to be rotated a quarter turn on a regular basis. Now you know as much as I do, which isn't all that much...

Favorite cheap wine: Barefoot Vineyards before they got bought out by Gallo. Still good, but don't know what the future is after the buyout.

• 3 weeks later...
Had my first yuengling today... yummmmy.

I'll second that or Dos Equis is always a good substitute if there is no Yuengling. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout for a darker beer. Franziskaner for a good Hefe-Weisse. Also, Sam Adams Uncle Fezziwig for a good winter seasonal Ale or for a unique taste, out of a wheat beer from Sam Adams, try Cranberry Lambic....."What is it you're period, haha."

Edited by aradamro
edit