What type of event(s) would you rather see next year?

Casper

• 2 months later...

I think a monthly meetup breakfast type thing than ride to a few points of interests then to a destination where you can shoot and then drink or relax for the night would be good.

• Upvote 1

Breakfast meet>ride>shoot>drink>camp>>repeat

I almost repped you for this, but you have enough already, and I don't want to risk being the one to get you a gold star.

Plan it, and people will show! Or at least get a few people together to plan parts of it. Someone take breakfast and ride, someone the shooting and camping.

I think a monthly meetup breakfast type thing than ride to a few points of interests then to a destination where you can shoot and then drink or relax for the night would be good.

Give me a call tonight if you have a chance. We can probably work something out.

Isn't this how the Hell's Angels got started? This really does sound like a kick-ass weekend though. I bet if someone could provide the camp site everything else would fall into place. :drink:

what legalities are involved in transporting a firearm on a motorcycle WITHOUT A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT?

I'd love to show up to such a "ride, shoot, drink, camp" event with just my bike. Trailering the bike to the event would make packing a ton easier, but I'd feel like a tool trailering a street bike.

what legalities are involved in transporting a firearm on a motorcycle WITHOUT A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT?

I'd love to show up to such a "ride, shoot, drink, camp" event with just my bike. Trailering the bike to the event would make packing a ton easier, but I'd feel like a tool trailering a street bike.

Same as a car. Not loaded, ammo separate, and not within reach. IE: ammo in tail bag, gun in tank bag should be sufficient. I usually put a trigger lock on just incase. That way if I get pulled over, the officer knows there's no way I could fire it on the bike.

There is nothing that states the ammo but be separated from the firearm, that I have been able to find. Although doing that isn't a bad idea though, before my CHL, I did it too. A loaded magazine that is separated from the firearm is still considered a loaded firearm. Gotta empty the magazines and/or speed loaders.

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

C) No person shall knowingly transport or have a firearm in a motor vehicle, unless the person may lawfully possess that firearm under applicable law of this state or the United States, the firearm is unloaded, and the firearm is carried in one of the following ways:

(1) In a closed package, box, or case;

(2) In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle;

(3) In plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for the purpose;

(4) If the firearm is at least twenty-four inches in overall length as measured from the muzzle to the part of the stock furthest from the muzzle and if the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length, either in plain sight with the action open or the weapon stripped, or, if the firearm is of a type on which the action will not stay open or which cannot easily be stripped, in plain sight.

INAL or LEO

regardless of the specific legalities, I think having the bolt locked open during transport should motivate anyone who stopped me to cut me some slack. Ammo in backpack, rifle across the back of the tail (in its range bag).

I've been thinking of constructing a ghetto-rigged sissy bar for touring purposes anyway...

There is nothing that states the ammo but be separated from the firearm, that I have been able to find. Although doing that isn't a bad idea though, before my CHL, I did it too. A loaded magazine that is separated from the firearm is still considered a loaded firearm. Gotta empty the magazines and/or speed loaders.

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

INAL or LEO

This applies if you DO NOT have your CCW I'm assuming correct?

regardless of the specific legalities, I think having the bolt locked open during transport should motivate anyone who stopped me to cut me some slack. Ammo in backpack, rifle across the back of the tail (in its range bag).

I've been thinking of constructing a ghetto-rigged sissy bar for touring purposes anyway...

Absolutley. I'm sure the more "difficult" you make it for yourself would help out with LE.

This applies if you DO NOT have your CCW I'm assuming correct?

Just what I quoted, correct. If you have a CHL, the info is in the same ORC, or I quoted it here: http://www.ohioriders.net/showpost.php?p=600644&postcount=30