APES ON MY SHADOW...whats your opinion??

motochic28

Apes are ghey, but drag bars might not be very comfortable on that bike unless your knuckles drag the ground when you walk.

So...maybe just shorter bars..but not as short as drag? I just dont like the look of mine. They are comfy tho..

Agree to disagree on the whitewalls lol ;)

Is it legal to just take the mirrors off? I replaced the ones that were on it when I got it, but they still seem blahh..dont like them. I like the bar-end mirrors A LOT!! Thanks! :)

nope not legal...you need at least one i believe, on the left side

like this

barend.jpg

but dont quote me on that, you may actually need 2...i just see people all the time only have that one, and some old cars are setup the same

FTR - i got stopped on my bike and they never mentioned my mirrors...i took it kinda like illegal tint, its not legal but its not a huge deal unless you find the right cop....if you do it, do it at your own risk...and be extra careful about your surroundings...sometimes it sucked not having mirrors, but most of the time i didnt even notice, just turned my head like i do anyways

my biggest complain with bar ends is i kept breaking them off....bump into them in the garage wrong, get off the bike wrong and my bookbag would swing into them, etc lol

but they were like $15 per set for ebay mirrors, so it wasnt too bad....nice aluminum mirrors...just after 3 sets in less than 6 months i said forget it lol

Edited by Steve Butters

Whitewalls look fine as long as you have spoked wheels.

While I'm mostly a sport guy. I've owned more than a few cruisers, including this custom Triumph:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=A72FD56056E6DDD9&id=A72FD56056E6DDD9%21198&sc=photos#cid=A72FD56056E6DDD9&id=A72FD56056E6DDD9%21200&sc=photos

P1000241.JPG?cid=a72fd56056e6ddd9&sc=photos

P1000242.JPG?cid=a72fd56056e6ddd9&sc=photos

P1000240.JPG?cid=a72fd56056e6ddd9&sc=photos

Edited by Tpoppa

Whitewalls look fine as long as you have spoked wheels.

While I'm mostly a sport guy. I've owned more than a few cruisers, including this custom Triumph:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=A72FD56056E6DDD9&id=A72FD56056E6DDD9%21198&sc=photos#cid=A72FD56056E6DDD9&id=A72FD56056E6DDD9%21200&sc=photos

Very nice looking Triumph.

Mini Apes at most. I know you have a Honda, but go over to Harley store that has a fit store bike. You can swap through several bars and sit on a bike so you can see how they feel. I think the bars you have will probably be the most comfortable. You can also look into adding risers for a different look and feel.

whitewalls look fine as long as you have spoked wheels.

While i'm mostly a sport guy. I've owned more than a few cruisers, including this custom triumph:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a72fd56056e6ddd9&id=a72fd56056e6ddd9%21198&sc=photos#cid=a72fd56056e6ddd9&id=a72fd56056e6ddd9%21200&sc=photos

super bad ass!!! :)

Mini Apes at most. I know you have a Honda, but go over to Harley store that has a fit store bike. You can swap through several bars and sit on a bike so you can see how they feel. I think the bars you have will probably be the most comfortable. You can also look into adding risers for a different look and feel.

My fiance had ape (came with the bike). He kept them for awhile, then changed them. He got some 6" risers and is much happier!! Maybe I will look into that. AHHHH TOO MANY CHOICES haha

Thanks. I wound up selling that Triumph on eBay a couple years ago. I benefitted from a small scale bidding war. A guy drove from Maine to pick it up. Said he just had to have it :)

Nice!! Im painting mine this winter..close to the Triumph paint job. Flat black with same white stripe, but a red line on the inside..

Well, for now thats the plan! lol I always change my mind!

Edited by motochic28

Let me guess...a "BETTER ALL AROUND BIKE" as in a crotch rocket?? :nono: Im good thanks, I love my bike!! :honda: heehee

A crotch rocket is a FUCKING DILDO!!!!

Its called a sport bike. Would you call a sports car an ass rocket? No, because it makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread about putting retarded looking monkey bars on a rice cruiser. :D

• Upvote 1

A crotch rocket is a FUCKING DILDO!!!!

Its called a sport bike. Would you call a sports car an ass rocket? No, because it makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread about putting retarded looking monkey bars on a rice cruiser. :D

WOW...you admit that you ride a FUCKING DILDO!!!! :lol::boxing::D

WOW...you admit that you ride a FUCKING DILDO!!!! :lol::boxing::D

Wow.....I'm glad you are able to keep your sense of humor through all the BS on this forum. Good for you Motochic28!

Max Power,

You take offense when someone calls a sport bike a crotch rocket, but are the first to say that her idea of the ape hangers is ghey? Wow :nono:

Edited by Ron505

Full on Apes would probably not look good, or be very functional on that Honda.

Mini Apes are a better choice, but still may not work depending on your height. Blosser has a set of Apes on his Harley, but I think they are a great size for him and his bike, he says they are very comfortable and they look good on the bike.

Drag bars are great, they bring the bars back to ya, and have a nice look to them. I have seen risers used with drag bars and my personal opinion they looks like shit, the bars you currently have probably won't look too bad with risers and they are inexpensive compared to a full new set of bars. You probably won't need new lines either, unless you go crazy with the riser size.

As mentioned before this is your decision, pick out what you like and go for it, that's the beauty of it being your bike. You can do what ever the hell you want and who gives a shit what these other homos think.

Besides most of them ride CROTCH ROCKETS anyway. :lol:

Max Power,

You take offense when someone calls a sport bike a crotch rocket, but are the first to say that her idea of the ape hangers is ghey? Wow :nono:

WUT? Monkey bars are ghey. They are poser accessories for cruisers.

Drag bars would look way cooler on the Shadow, but if she is small, she might not like the reach to them.

BTW, I wasnt offended, bubby. Crotch rocket is just a dumb word....like fag. Brum burm brummmm!

Full on Apes would probably not look good, or be very functional on that Honda.

Mini Apes are a better choice, but still may not work depending on your height. Blosser has a set of Apes on his Harley, but I think they are a great size for him and his bike, he says they are very comfortable and they look good on the bike.

Drag bars are great, they bring the bars back to ya, and have a nice look to them. I have seen risers used with drag bars and my personal opinion they looks like shit, the bars you currently have probably won't look too bad with risers and they are inexpensive compared to a full new set of bars. You probably won't need new lines either, unless you go crazy with the riser size.

As mentioned before this is your decision, pick out what you like and go for it, that's the beauty of it being your bike. You can do what ever the hell you want and who gives a shit what these other homos think.

Besides most of them ride CROTCH ROCKETS anyway. :lol:

lmao!!! :bitchfight:

Thanks for all the opinions, even tho Im STILL undecided! lol May end up with mini apes to save changing the cables.. Im fairly tall so I think I would be fine with the reach on drags. .hell i dont know! I will let you know when I ever make a decision! ;) Everyone have a super weekend!!!!!