you wont believe your eyes!

Hoblick

a guy from HDforums.com posted these up

i was dumbfounded when i saw someone with a harley that actually "rides"

and has FULL GEAR ON!

track day on a 09 Road King

suspension is Ohlins #6 (fully adjustable with reservoirs) and Progressive monotubes in the forks

motor is a harley 103 motor with an S&S 124 kit and cams.. SERT tuner and data logger

281011jpm_1050.jpg

281011jpm_0184.jpg

281011jpm_0185.jpg

281011jpm_0842.jpg

281011jpm_1087.jpg

Edited by Hoblick

here is the response i got from him

I thought riding the RK was great fun. To me my RK is just so awesome, there is nothing I would rather ride. The sound, the performance and handling is sublime.

I owned a sport bike and a RK for years, and found it very frustrating. When I was on the sport bike I found that it was just so much faster than I could think that it was frustrating. And it was uncomfortable, I hated the riding position.

Thats why I built this bike. I wanted 11 second performance (which is fast enough for me) without compromising comfort or 2 up touring.

Mission Accomplished.

i love the street glide for touring and 2 up duties and i dont forsee me getting rid of it unless i upgrade to newer model year...

but for 1 up and pure adrenaline im gonna have to purchase another bike. i knew i would have to eventually, but i figured for how much 2 up touring i do it wouldnt bother me to much not having a sport bike of some sort.

I guess it would be an excellent trackbike except for the limited lean angle, small rev range, low top speed, high weight, long wheelbase, etc...

:D

i am torn between peaceful two up and adrenaline rush single rides, dont have the means to afford two bikes at present and no one single bike truly meets both perspective i guess.

i am torn between peaceful two up and adrenaline rush single rides, dont have the means to afford two bikes at present and no one single bike truly meets both perspective i guess.

There are plenty of bikes that can do this. Besides, the ladies dig my Ape.:p

I've always thought one of these would be a good compromise for both. Any thoughts???

8con1029.jpg

kawasaki-concours-14-7_460x0w.jpg

kawasaki-concours-14-10_460x0w.jpg

i seem to recall STT hosting a cruiser track day or two.

Yeah, at Midohio three cruisers showed up and one of those three also brought a sportbike and rode that instead. We ran a "short course" I never knew existed until that day supposedly out of concern for the cruisers dragging hard parts out of the keyhole.

First Track day I ever did was a cruiser day. only had one guy show up on a harley but they ran the short course and had him in the slow novice group. didn't seem to hold anyone up. the short course was good for a first day because you didn't have to break from 140 into turn 5 (or 6 whatever it is).

I am doubting that it is a legit track day. The bike still has the lights on, no tape anywhere to be found and he isn't going very fast. So, may be in a group that is called a "street group" or similar. But, as Nick stated, we've seen HD riders on full bikes as such.

But the best thing in all of this is the owner's quote: "I owned a sport bike and a RK for years, and found it very frustrating. When I was on the sport bike I found that it was just so much faster than I could think that it was frustrating."

Bingo.