What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Thanks Cdubs, will check it out.  I was looking at some setups that were in a CCW magazine I got for free from Gander.  On the back was a manufacture that guarantees theirs for life, all parts and plastic replacements free, even if I buy a new gun.  Alien Gear I believe is the name, site is down, but per Facebook that is because they are moving.  29.95 too, so probably give them a try, especially since I am not a huge IWB carrier but more OWB.  

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Classic Firearms ----> http://www.classicfirearms.com/

$599.00

So you didn't get one of the nicer looking ones? I really like the AK but have had my sks so long it is just the best in my book and only gets fired a few times a year. :-( Maybe someday, last famous words of a procrastinator. lol

So you didn't get one of the nicer looking ones? I really like the AK but have had my sks so long it is just the best in my book and only gets fired a few times a year. :-( Maybe someday, last famous words of a procrastinator. lol

I have my reasons for getting the ugly one; i.e., tacti-cool modifications to replace the wood furniture and a few Circle 21 mag's for starters.   

I also have an SKS - a beautiful blonde wood Yugo - that has only been fired once in the 5 years I've owned it.  It is going to get a rear peep site modification done to it in the very near future along with the AK's. 

Speedy, we need to plan an afternoon to get together so I can compare my model 60 to yours.

I am having feeding issues with my model 60.

It will pick up fresh round from the tube, but when the bolt comes forward, the freshly picked up, non fired round gets ejected.

I suspect it has something to do with the ejector wire being out of position.

The WW AK-74 arrived today and it is so much nicer than my M+M 47.  It is very nicely put together,  much easier to tear down, and oh yeah, no canted front sight!  

The wood furniture, albeit mismatched with respect to color/grain, is actually in very good condition, in my opinion, and I'm not going to refinish them.  Seems I ordered the wrong Ultimak upper rail w/out the holes but it can go on another 47 at some point since I've decided to get another one built better than the M+M.  

For $599? Not bad, wonder how the $650 ones look?

Going by some photos I've seen on the CF and AK Files websites, they're basically shiny and typically not dinged/scratched/mismatched like the grade B versions.  

I'm still impressed with the build quality and the only issue I've identified is the gas tube release lever is way too tight.  Outside of that issue, it'll need to be fired a lot to loosen up it up like a three dollar whore.  

Did a Glock 21sf for a guy at work. Slight undercut on the trigger guard and then a full stipple

10585385343_043b5c2f6c_c.jpg

10584972884_bc5d67accd_c.jpg

10585648014_83d5b22cba_c.jpg

10585743733_524695c0fc_c.jpg

Took these a few weeks ago lol

10447440145_9821446d04_c.jpg

10447471726_52958e9db2_c.jpg

And I painted my can to match the rifle.

10566041533_41d7146cc2_c.jpg

10585461003_3164f21ec0_c.jpg

Now I need to go shoot! Ready for range time next sunday!

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5
  • Upvote 2

Okay, so I couldn't wait to mod the ugly AK74 - Ultimak upper rail gas tube, MFT polymer lower (modified to fit), Magpul AFG, Hogue grip, VLTOR AK receiver extension w/ Magpul CTR.

gallery_14290_1409_84461.jpg

Edited by baptizo

I am going to have a Savage .270 up for sale in the next couple days. Poly camo stock, stainless steel barrel, magazine fed, decent optic and ten boxes of high grade ammo that I took bear hunting. Need to come up with a price still but if someone has an interest let me know.

• Casper unpinned this topic